Digital Camera

Wanna talk about something other than robots? Really?? Can't understand it myself, but if you really want to, do it here....normal rules apply though!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

peterwaller

Digital Camera

Post by peterwaller »

I have been thinking about getting a small digital camera as my digital SLR is a bit bulky to bring to events with all the other gear. If anyone has any good recommendations although I rather liked the one Joacim had in Holland if anyone knows what type that was.
josh

Post by josh »

i think it was a sony cybershot not sure which model though thats what i have or rather dad has n i use lol.
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Joacim's was nice, I don't know what it was, but I can recommend a Canon Ixus, whatever model there might be now. They're tough and reliable.

Simon
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Joacim's camera is the same as James' - a Casio Exilim EX-Z77, although it appears that the EX-Z80 is the newer version which supercedes the Z77.

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/1061836 ... x-z77.html
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Thanks for the help looks as though I need to check my pocket money account.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I got a slightly different version the Casio EX-Z8. It appears to be more or less the same as the newer EX-Z80 but Comet had it for ?100 which is ?50 off. Here is an example showing a Track Sprocket I have machined on one of the slightly larger and more powerful motor gearboxes.
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n66/ ... ratest.jpg
josh

Post by josh »

kool =] really clear is thatzoomed on the camera or taken close up? how did u make the teeth on it manual mill and a turn table?
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

BeligerAnt wrote:Joacim's camera is the same as James' - a Casio Exilim EX-Z77, although it appears that the EX-Z80 is the newer version which supercedes the Z77.

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/1061836 ... x-z77.html
Almost right, I just got the version less, Z75. Z77 got a face recognition and youtube scene added. The youtube is one of those things that makes me think, "What the he-"
The one of the problems with the Casio models, or mine anyway, is that it usually overexpose, it does help setting the EV to about -0,3 to -0,7.

At the same time, I'm looking for a SLR camera :P Thinking of a Nikon D40, easy to use and not a too high price.
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

It was just taken from close up in Macro mode Josh. The machining was much as you described. Having turned the basic part in the lathe I placed it on rotary table on the mill bed. I then mill in 2mm then rotate the table 15 degress milling as you go then wind the mill out 2mm. You then rotate the table 30 degrees and repeat the process until finished. See:
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n66/ ... rocket.jpg
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Peter, how is the camera? Any good picture quality? Any good or bads you'd like to share?
I've been planning on getting the same or other brand, as the one I got dosent have the picture quality I seek anymore..
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!