asus eee pc

Wanna talk about something other than robots? Really?? Can't understand it myself, but if you really want to, do it here....normal rules apply though!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

josh

Post by josh »

i'd go with the robot muchalucha you already have a computer i assume and with that much money you could make a really good antweight :) or maybe a reasonable feather
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
muchalucha

heavy weight

Post by muchalucha »

After a little carefull thinking i came to the conclusion that my current computer was fine and after my terrible heart ache of my palm tx screen breaking (sobsob cry**) i have decided im gona build a heavy!!

after todays merry christmas (hope u all had a good christmas :)) i have quite a bit of money and my birthday being in february i should have collected a reasonable budget for my heavy by then:).

i have sat down and thought very carefully about my whole heavy and with the help of a book i got for christmas from my aunt on building battle bots i have formed a plan, and here it is.

if u have any better ideas or sugestions i would love to know so please reply :).

Zebra 4 channel FM 40 mhz tx,rx and crystals

3x 30 amp speed controllers http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/sh ... sp?id=4837

4x 9.6 V cordless drill gearboxes and motors running at 12V :wink:

2x 6v motor cycle SLA batteries (in series)

big ass motor for my spinner

the diagram:

[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\ben\My%20Documents\My%20Pictures\diagram.bmp[/img]

any sugstion would be great

tom
Last edited by muchalucha on Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
josh

Post by josh »

to are you making a feather or a heavy those motors will be usless in a heavy (100kg) :P
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

small wheels on 4 very powerfull drill gearboxes and my bot will be about 60-70kg and the motors are overvolted ... plenty a power!!
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Nothing against you Muchalaucha (Strange nick name btw), but....

Those are not enought power to drive a Heavyweight. Drill motors are also known that the gearboxes arent the strongest. My suggestion is to either do a featherweight with 4 motors, or change the motors for a pair of Bosh 750W (Or which are the best for a heavy)
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

ok i dont think i was going for the heavy ctagory so whats the next one down, but still i have built a go kart out of wood powered by 2 drill motors and that would just about pull me long when i was nine.
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Below Heavyweight we got; Middleweight 50kg, Featherweight 12kg, Raptorweight 6kg, Hobbyweight/Kilobot ~1 Kg and many more under the 1kg line. Correct me if I'm wrong at any of these weightclasses.
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

We always used to have Lightweight as well, which was between Middleweight and Featherweight. Hardly any were ever build though, so I am not sure "Lightweight" is still a category.
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

in that case il be going for a midle weight (50KG ) i have given up with the idea of 4 drill motors and gone with two electric scooters with the trimpos wired up to the servos :).

im going to weld them together about half a meter apart and atach castors to the front for the main body of he bot.
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I could be wrong, but I don't think that anyone competes with 50kg robots.

Perhaps a featherweight? the weight has gone up from 12kg to 13.6 I believe, and there's plenty of opportunity to compete.

Of course there's nothing to stop you from fighting a 50kg robot in the heavyweight class. I believe that Craig Danby's Tanto is well below 100kg.

Simon

Edit: just checked http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/documen ... drules.pdf and heavyweights are 55kg to 100kg.