microsoft surface

Wanna talk about something other than robots? Really?? Can't understand it myself, but if you really want to, do it here....normal rules apply though!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

microsoft surface

big ass table
25%
inovation in technology
75%

Total votes: 8

tom of technology

microsoft surface

Post by tom of technology »

new microsoft surface looks sooooooooooo cool already tried to build my own!! info on the new pc is very vauge anybody got any info. alsocheck out the microsoft surfaace parody it really takes the mic

IM BEING DEAD SEREOS HERE GUYSIN 2005 I8 INVENTED A SORT OF MICROSOFT SURFACE AND PUT MY IDEAS ON THE NET A GUY WHOWENT O DRAGONS DEN I SAW LAST NIGHT COMPLETELY STOLE MY IDEA AND A MICROSOFT TWEACEDD MY IDEA AND "INVENTED IT " I AM NOT A HAPPY BUNNY

REALISED TODAY WHEN LOOKING THROUGH MY PROJECTS ANDWATCHING DRAGONS DEN :(
Last edited by tom of technology on Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
petec

Post by petec »

Surface has sooo much potential. It doesn't use anything much beyond .Net 3, Vista and Bluetooth but its really well strung together.

For those who don't know what we are talking about:

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

God bless Microsoft! :P

All I get at that URL is a message saying "Your computer does not have the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player. You will need to download and install Flash 8 or highter to see this site."

Well OK I suppose, but why not be really nice and put a link on the page so I can go and get Flash 8?

Oh yeah, I know, it's Microsoft :roll:
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

While it is quite cool, its a shame it runs Microsoft technology. It will be interesting to see if it suffers from the same problems all Microsoft's operating systems do.

Would be interesting to see what Apple could come up with if they ever tried to do something like this.
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

So far im not impressed. The way I see it its a touch screen turned flat with some interface.
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

leo-rcc wrote:So far im not impressed. The way I see it its a touch screen turned flat with some interface.
As usual, Microsoft employs its dazzling marketing tactics. And I bet they don't mention how often you have to clean all the finger smudges off it. :D
NAC Robots

http://www.cpax.org.uk/~nick/nemesis/index.html The Nemesis Website.
tom of technology

i now hate microsoft

what microsoft basicly did was stick a back projection screen upside down put a cuple of camareas unerneath it installed crappy old windows and as said before imployed there amazing marketing tacktics
petec

Post by petec »

The screen is LCD but the thing that makes it different is the fact you can move multiple points on the screen at once - this is the main innovation in it. Combined with wireless and RFID technology and using the .Net framework as its backbone, it gives a very flexible platform.

Its not currently intended for private use, but expect to see version 2008 or 2009 in a living room near you soon....

...its possible I'm spending too much time at MS these days :-)
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

petec wrote:The screen is LCD but the thing that makes it different is the fact you can move multiple points on the screen at once - this is the main innovation in it..
Stop now Pete, before you start to sound like a computer nerd. :P
petec wrote:Combined with wireless and RFID technology and using the .Net framework as its backbone, it gives a very flexible platform.
Oh... too late! :oops:
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
tom of technology

no look on the website(aslo a self confesed nerd) it is a back projection screen