Whacky Scrap Races

Wanna talk about something other than robots? Really?? Can't understand it myself, but if you really want to, do it here....normal rules apply though!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Simon Windisch

Whacky Scrap Races

Post by Simon Windisch »

Look what I just found here
Every Saturday, from Saturday 24 January, 10.30am, Denefield School, Long Lane, Tilehurst

Join in these free family fun Saturday morning sessions and make a hovercraft to race against other teams at the grand final on Saturday 21 March 2009. Other activities include team t-shirts, artistic sections of floor track and much more!

All materials are provided and recycling is encouraged. Teams of 2-6 people with children aged over 5 are able to take part. A free creche is available for the under 5s (subject to availability) and transport costs can be covered for those on free school meals. This project is funded by The National Lottery through the Big Lottery Fund.

Booking essential. Contact Sue Hale on 0118 972 8978 to book a place.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Why can't the National Lottery provide money for more fun things?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Socrates Christidis

Post by Socrates Christidis »

Brill-i-ANT!!!

However, when we rang we were told that it is fully booked for this term but there is another one next term. They can check with a few teams who have booked but did not turn up last week and if any of them drop out we (and anyone interested) can step in.

Socrates
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Cool, Ironically roboteering would stop us from doing this regularly, but perhaps we could be part of an antweight team?

Simon