Looking for help from who ever has a lathe

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Marco Roberts

Looking for help from who ever has a lathe

Post by Marco Roberts »

Ok then its not a normal thing for me to come on and ask for help but here I am. Me and dave will be moving onto a more serious heavy weight. Which will debute for the UK champs.
I am planning the robot at the moment and I have run into a bit of a snag.
I need the following shaft.

Simply I need to fit a a spur gear with a 16 mm bore next to a gear with a 12 mm bore.
I searched around for a spur gear with a 12 mm bore and even though I found one, its double the price and would come to 80 quid!
I also have the option to bore out the next gear to 16mm but thats quite a step.
I can look on yell to find a local metal workers who could lathe one but I might as well buy my own lathe with what they might charge me.

I off course will purches the shafts but please if any of you have a lathe and would be willing to help me with this situation, I would owe you big time. Thanks a lot.
Marco
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Hi Marco. I have a (small) lathe, and I might have some metal the right size. Would Aluminium be OK?

Simon
Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

Simon, you really dont have to use your own aluminium, I can make an order to technobots and get it sent to your adress.
Also reading over my preveous post I forgot to mention I willl need two of them.
Thank you so much Simon
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

OK Marco, PM sent

Simon