lipo

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

That is a very good price Simon I have been paying over ?8 including postage for mine from China. There are no current figures shown so I would be interested in hearing how well they work when you get a chance to run them. I have emailed them asking for current figures.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

I've just bought some from www.himodel.com in China (as recommended by PeterW). They worked out at $50 for 4 (7.4V 250mA 15C rated)
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

peterwaller wrote:That is a very good price Simon I have been paying over ?8 including postage for mine from China. There are no current figures shown so I would be interested in hearing how well they work when you get a chance to run them. I have emailed them asking for current figures.
If you could post the response when you get one Pete, it would be most appreciated.

EDIT:

Came across something a bit awesome. These (2nd set of data down, the Li-Po High Power Series). If those numbers are accurate, they have a huge max discharge capacity, at less weight and size than anything else. I've found a site that does the 150 and 260's in 1, 2, and 3 cell packs, aswell as the bigger ones(Link, their on pages 4+5) but I'm most interested in the 210's, which I can't find anywhere.
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I haven't had a reply from them. As to the figures you linked to the 260maH at 15C and 20C burst is the same as the ones I use from Himodel. They quote 16 gms but that includes leads and balancing socket. I strip all that and get them down to about 14 gms including plug. If the site you found is in Krona they are about ?17 pounds as apposed to $10 from Himodel who seem to have them on offer now I have bought mine.
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Ahh yeah, so they are. However, like I said, its the 210's on that list I'm most interested in. Same size as Kokam 145's, slightly heavier, but way more discharge (3a/4a burst compared to 0.7/1a depending on which site you look at). But your right, compared to the Himodel ones, they do seem quite expensive. Unfortunatly I can't fit those Himodel 260's into the new Void design, and I'm worried that the 250 Etec's wont give sufficient discharge. If I find anywhere where I can get the Fullymax 210's, I'll post it.
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

14g wow, i will have to go shopping, i am using a 3 cell 250mah pack from allerc, and that is 20g. I will have to looking into the sizes as well, as the one i am using has some spacers between them.

http://www.allerc.com
there 3 cell 250 pack is 30mm by 26mm by 14mm and is rated at 6C (1.5A), guess i should go shopping for some of the high discharge ones. I measured that the axe in anticide draws 1.4A when stalled, so could do with the extra discharge rate.

http://www.rchobbysyd.nu/catalog/produc ... ts_id=7422
This battery is a really nice shape, low profile. However there is no data about it.
TEAM GEEK!
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

The 14 gms is only a 2 cell pack so 20 gms for 3 cells is just about the same.
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Just ordered some LiPos from HiModel, and I really can't believe how cheap they are! Not just on the batteries too. My order came to $113 including shipping. Similar stuff from the UK would have come to ?103. Silly really.
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

I have just received an order from hi model, very fast delivery of just over a week.

I bought a new 3 cell lipo charger, however on the transformer part it says lithium ion. 12.6V 1A, is this safe to use on lipos?
TEAM GEEK!
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

The chip I use in my charger can be used to charge both Lithium Ion and Lithium Polymer cells. They do one chip that charges to 4.1v and one to 4.2v. I had originally read this as 4.2 for the LiPo and 4.1 for the LiIon. Having read it in more detail it appears either can be used for both types of cell. This suggests that a LiIon charger should be OK for LiPo but not knowing the chargers it is difficult to say for sure. Not a lot of help I know but the main thing is to always keep an eye on lithium cells when chargeing and if you have a multimeter check that the charging voltage with the battery connected does not exceed 4,2v per cell the first time you use it.