Brushless motor

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Andrew_Hibberd

Brushless motor

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

I am looking at the 300DF motor, but can't find proper dimentions for it. Would it be possible for someone to draw up something in paint?

Also, does the motor come with a shorter shaft As i was thinking of having the disc grubscrewed to the case and the shaft would be in the way on either side.

EDIT: the axi motor that DBA uses would also fit, but the 3/3d won't. Does the Axi come with a smaller shaft?

Many thanks
TEAM GEEK!
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I could probably draw up the 300DF in DesignCad and then convert it to JPEG if that is any use. I have found this the best way to mount discs on these motors as the shafts can get bent if the disc is mounted on them. You can always cut off the shaft using a dremel in fact I am not sure if I have one with the original length shaft. The main thing to remember if you mount the disc on the body of the motor is to ensure you leave the air holes in the end exposed to avoid over heating.
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Pete, is the blue one you use on your ants the 300DF? The only reason I ask is because I ordered a 300DF from SMC, and it looks different to the ones you have on your ants.

http://www.wickedsick.co.uk/ants/300df.gif

(this is a photo of a 300XT, which is exactly the same size, only a thicker shaft)

That's about as good as you'll get out of me. Don't listen to SMC, they lie. body length isn't 17.7mm and its weight is more 30g than 26g. Doesn't sound like much, but when you accidentally order 15g servos instead of 9g ones, every gram counts.

I'm mounting my disc onto the shaft. Simply because it looks too akward to mount it onto the case. Pete's idea about cutting the shaft is about the best you're going to get.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

It is the 300DF I use and your picture is quite different maybe the manufacturers have redesigned it.
I have just been on to SMC's web site and its a 300DF mkII they sell now which explaines the difference.
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Thanks guys,

will cad that up and design the disc. Going to be hard to fit that in, but hopefully will all be fine and dandy
TEAM GEEK!