New concepts for ants

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Remote-Controlled Dave

New concepts for ants

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Anyone got any new, original ideas for ants? Someone was saying something about a hovercraft one at some point. Even if it's jsut a theory, be interesting to hear about 'em.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Not really a new concept for an ant but for the construction method. I am looking at using a PCB as the main chassis. I have deisgned a new drive speed controller two of which will be built directly on the chassis. The receiver will hopefully solder directly on to the board and the drive motors will also be attacted with just minimal leads to connect it up. The weapon controller will be seperate initially but I do have plans to incorporate that in if I manage to design a brushless controller. The prototype which is based on the older more succesful version of MilitANT will also have the weapon motor mounted directly to the PCB. Hopfully ready for next AWS.
Adam Hargreaves

Post by Adam Hargreaves »

I'm actually using that idea for the ATR (made the board last week)

Great minds think alike, eh Pete?
Team 'In Theory'
josh

Post by josh »

well ive started somin totaly crazy will prob be size and weight of a superant so i geuss it counts. im workin on a remote controlled submarine but then its not a sub coz its a flat thing :P
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Adam have you designed your own controllers or are you useing the chassis to replace the interconnecting wires between existing boards.
I might be trying to sell the controller boards next year when I am retired to help susidise my pension.
Adam Hargreaves

Post by Adam Hargreaves »

I'm using a PICAxe 28 pin microcontroller to control the ATR, coupled with a load of 08Ms to look after the ultrasound transmission and receiving.
Team 'In Theory'