Devo 7e Question

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

PudseyBear

Devo 7e Question

Post by PudseyBear »

Evening

Just downloaded the Deviation software to my Devo 7e and on start up a message states: 'Ch3 is 0% safe value = -100%' The ch3 value changes as i move the left stick. Have I done something wrong with the setup?

Is this something to worry about? I'm not familiar with this sort of thing so learning on the go!

Cheers
GeorgeR

Re: Devo 7e Question

Post by GeorgeR »

That's perfectly normal and not a problem. It's a safety feature to remind the user to set the throttle channel at its minimum level (-100) before turning on the plane/helicopter/drone/robot. If the channel isn't set to off then the propellers or spinner will spin up as soon as you turn it on, which is obviously not a great idea.
Team Zero - AWS 58 Champion!
Zero - rambot - - Axiom - axebot - - Valkyrie - drum spinner
Blueprint - rambot - - Vampire - horizontal spinner - - Particle - ???
RBMK - quad spinner gyro walker - - Duality - dual spinner gyro walker
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

Also you can just hit the ENT key to go through the warning if your throttle won't actually go to the right value. An option tucked away somewhere is called 'calibrate sticks' which can help with this (and general trim issues).
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
PudseyBear

Post by PudseyBear »

Thanks guys. Makes sense now. Was just expecting the deviation screen on startup. Thanks again