Clarification on rule 5J. " only the driver or one of the designated officials may retrieve a robot..."

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

JeffSergeant

Clarification on rule 5J. " only the driver or one of the designated officials may retrieve a robot..."

Post by JeffSergeant »

Seems common sense, but thought I'd best not assume. By "the driver" I assume this also includes anyone on the driver's team, is that correct?

My friend might be bringing one or both of his kids along to an event with the plan for one of them to do some driving; but if he's driving a spinner that I've made, I'd rather it was me that does the picking it up. I'm the one who set up the fail-safe, programmed the transmitter etc. it only seems fair!

Thanks,

Jeff.
peterwaller

Re: Clarification on rule 5J. " only the driver or one of the designated officials may retrieve a robot..."

Post by peterwaller »

The whole point of the rule was to ensure someone responsible retrieves the robot especially when youngsters are driving so yes you would be expected to handle the robot at the start and end of the fight.