Using spare chassis

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

coolspeedbot

Using spare chassis

Post by coolspeedbot »

After watching the video of AWS 53 and past events a question comes to mind. In some videos I've seen some 3D printed bots get wreaked by spinners with huge structural damage, but their following fight they are fully repaired.

So my question is, are bots aloud to use spare chassis? Or are the bots just glue back together really well?
James Booth
Team Coolspeedbot

Antweights:
Killer-Wolf (2.0), Bunny-Ears (1.5), Blue-Terror (CAD).
Featherweights:
CSB 1 (retired) CSB 2 (under construction).
Shakey

Re: Using spare chassis

Post by Shakey »

Can't comment on spare chassis as I don't sue them but I can say on 3d printed robots being destroyed then being fine from my own team.

3d printed robots can actually be super easy to repair, especially if they are ABS with acetone, you can basically glue them back together to near new as long as you can find all the bits. I've doen that more than a few times.
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
coolspeedbot

Post by coolspeedbot »

Shakey wrote:Can't comment on spare chassis as I don't sue them but I can say on 3d printed robots being destroyed then being fine from my own team.

3d printed robots can actually be super easy to repair, especially if they are ABS with acetone, you can basically glue them back together to near new as long as you can find all the bits. I've doen that more than a few times.

Oh thats handy, better make sure to have glue handy then.
James Booth
Team Coolspeedbot

Antweights:
Featherweights:
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

i believe you are referring to some of my robots
we just used hot melt glue to stick the necessary bits back together. it would also take about an hour to rebuild the entire robot into a different chassis even if i did print spare chassis. however i do sometimes have spare parts like motor mounts, walker legs, and sometimes flippers. but never chassis.
if you looked up close on the robots you would see they were far from "good as new" more basic bodge to get it functioning again.
Team RobotMad, home of the Smart robots, and very mean pots :)
Chris and Lincoln Barnes
coolspeedbot

Post by coolspeedbot »

Lincoln wrote:i believe you are referring to some of my robots
we just used hot melt glue to stick the necessary bits back together. it would also take about an hour to rebuild the entire robot into a different chassis even if i did print spare chassis. however i do sometimes have spare parts like motor mounts, walker legs, and sometimes flippers. but never chassis.
if you looked up close on the robots you would see they were far from "good as new" more basic bodge to get it functioning again.

Ah I see
James Booth
Team Coolspeedbot

Antweights:
Featherweights: