Which 3D printer is best for home use

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

earthwormjim

Re: Which 3D printer is best for home use

Post by earthwormjim »

peterwaller wrote:You can't grow up and be like me, they are mutually exclusive as I never have grown up. :roll:
Jolly glad to hear that,Peter! :)
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Just been playing with the acetone vapour system to try and make the coverage more even.
Eventually put a small motor gearbox on the lid (outside dont want the brushes to ignite the acetone) which gently turns the printed item.
Here is the result on a replacement chassis for my FSB suction bot that broke itself.
marto

Post by marto »

Adding a small PC fan inside the vapour bath will make a huge difference. Usually easier than rotating the part you will find too that the vapour rises so rotating may not have the desired effect.

Oh and PC fans are pretty much always brushless too. (I would double check) My rice cooker has a vent hole which I hang the wires through with a plug.

*Just make sure you check what your particular fan is made from. First one I tried sorta melted.

Steve
Anoptimistprime

Post by Anoptimistprime »

Anyone know anything about the one their offering at maplins?
http://www.maplin.co.uk/3d-printer-vell ... 200-783902
Looks pretty good and for £699 can't really complain
I'm an optimist prime
Not a negatron
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

Just looking at the specification, it doesnt look too bad. The minimum wall thickness I noticed, is 0.2mm thinner than shapeways will print, so thats pretty good. The price tag is fairly attractive to. The model printed in the video seems accurate and clean.