NAGC weights

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Hogi

NAGC weights

Post by Hogi »

on the robotwars101.org home page, it says about NAGC weights. is there any point in me building one out of my small remote control car?
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
Shakey

Re: NAGC weights

Post by Shakey »

The only competing ones are fleaweights, antweights, Beetles (ish there are a few), Feather weights and Heavy weights.

There is nothing stopping you making one out of your remote car but unless it can fit in another weight class you won't really have an opportunity to fight with it.
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
joey_picus

Re: NAGC weights

Post by joey_picus »

Beetles have kind of died partially because the first people to be involved in the weight class have built ridiculous overengineered spinners which nobody wants to compete with!

The NAGCweights were a long time ago though, for the NAGC (as the name suggests!) and given the huge time gap and the fact Pete doesn't do much with education beyond Brighton Model World these days - I think - I'm afraid there really wouldn't be much point to you making one, sorry.
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"