Does anyone want anything from Botbitz?

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

haz

Does anyone want anything from Botbitz?

Post by haz »

I only want a couple of bits from there (30:1 motors, 6a escs) , and the postage is about 18 AUD. Was wondering if anybody else wanted anything from there and if they wanted a joint order and shared postage?
Cheers.
Rhys

Re: Does anyone want anything from Botbitz?

Post by Rhys »

When you thinking of ordering? I've always fancied trying some of their motors, so I guess now is as good an opportunity as any. I was thinking of getting 4 x 50:1 LV motors. Has anyone tried these? I hear they're quicker than their pololu HP equivalents.
haz

Post by haz »

I'd want to be ordering fairly quickly, but there is no real rush.
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Ok, well count me in for four motors. What's that, about 50 dollars with my half of the shipping? I may change to 30:1 depending on what I can find out about them. I'll pop on the robowars forums tonight to see what people are saying about them. Just let me know when you're ready to order and I'll send the money.
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

The LV ones are the higher power motors BotBitz do (I've been calling them UHPs as opposed to the Pololu HPs) and they do seem to have a bit more power than the Pololus to me, although I imagine someone with access to a dynamometer or other equipment would be able to tell better.

I used the 30:1 UHPs in Head Over Heels at the last AWS I was at (38) for drive and they were very very powerful even at 30:1 - I was able to quickly push Red Baron across the arena and over the edge sideways! - but a bit uncontrollable on Scalextric racing wheels, so naturally I'm using two more in Razor Wind and a 50:1 for the axe...:-? they are thoroughly reccommended though. One nice feature is that the front gearbox plate is steel rather than brass so it might resist loosening of the bearings a bit more?
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
marto

Post by marto »

LV is our higher power motor. We changed the name from HP to LV as people were running the HP motors on up to 4S and just destroying the tiny brushes on them. While LV will technically have more power usually grip is the limiting factor in ants. So if you want more speed go the 30:1s usually with the HV.

The LV motors are really only good for 2S, anymore and they will work but will have a reduced lifespan. @ 7.4V IIRC the stall is about 2A which is pretty huge for motors that size. 50:1 HV is fast and 30:1HV is very fast. Fast enough for most ants.

The main difference between our gearmotors and the pololu ones is that we now get a steel face plate fitted. We had a large number of the original brass ones popping off. The steel plates seem to have solved that problem.

Steve
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Steve

Is it a different motor and/or gearbox from the HP pololu motors? I am finding it hard to compare the torque as pololu quote stall torque. Have you got a figure for difference of torque between 30:1s?

Thanks
TEAM GEEK!
marto

Post by marto »

Its a different motor. Gearbox is similar to pololu one, except for the front plate to make it more robust.

I expect it will have a higher torque than the pololu one. But I have not tested this.

Steve
marto

Post by marto »

Did you guys end up buying anything? Thoughts?

Steve
haz

Post by haz »

Not arrived yet so can't comment.