DX6i issues

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Remote-Controlled Dave

DX6i issues

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Hey everyone.
I got my DX6i this morning. I put the batteries in, turned it on, everything that was supposed to happen happened. But it won't bind to any of my receivers.
I put the bind plug into the receiver, plug in the battery, the receiver starts blinking away. I hold the bind swtich on the DX6i, turn on the transmitter, it says "bind" on it and starts beeping away....then nothing. I've held it going for about 10mins, the transmitter keeps beeping, the receiver keeps blinking, but no connection.
Things I have already tried:
- moving the transmitter closer/further away
- trying differen't types of receivers (I have tried two, including the orange ones that are commonly used)
- fully charging the battery on the robot
- shouting at it
- talking to Will, who is out of ideas

Can anyone help?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
earthwormjim

Re: DX6i issues

Post by earthwormjim »

Nope,no idea! :(
I have had difficulties binding with the tiny deltang rx's.They seem to be very fussy.
But the orange rx's are always a dream.Never had any issues binding them,you are obviously doing it right,so I would say return it.

I have issues binding with my "custom" dx6i,when the arial is not attached,and when the backlight is on,and when battery is low.
As long as you are sure the batteries are fully charged,I would return it.
Was it an online purchase? If not,you could take it in to the shop,with a rx,and try it with a replacement.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

That does sound strange.
When you say you have held it for 10 minutes do you mean the bind button as I think you need to release it once it says bind before it can complete he bind process.
I just had a play with one of the Deltang receivers and I couldn't get it to bind but I had proped it up on my wireless mouse so I could see the flashing lamp.
Having moved it away from the mouse it then bound to the DX6i so it might be worth making sure all possible close by sources of RF signals are turned off.
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

My tx binds with the bind lever held open,the rapid flashing slows to about half speed,then turns solid after a couple of secs.100% of the time with orange rx's.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Yeah, when I'd bind with my DX5e, I'd hold the bind switch until the receiver light went solid, then release to complete the process, but the receiver light just never goes solid, even after 10mins or so.

I bought it online annoyingly, and have been waiting ages to get my hands on it as my DX5e died. Unfortunately it didn't come with a receiver for me to test it on, but like I say, I've tried the 2 different types and nothing connects. I shall try moving rooms in case its something in here that is causing it, but if not I guess I should look at returning it. How annoying!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

You are quite right you can hold the switch until binding is complete on the DX6i although once it has gone into bind mode there is no need.
It is only on the the cheap helecopter transmitters that it won't bind if you hold it pressed.
These seem to do a test that the normal channels are all within normal parameters before the transmitter with start to operate.
This causes other problems like on suculant where I have a two way switch on the lifter channel I have to hold the switch at its mid point to get the tx started.
Also if you do try the Rx43 receivers when you reprogram them it says to start the tx with both sticks in towards each other but that wont work. You need to turn on the tx with the sticks at normal then hold the sticks together when you turn on the receiver.
ajw

Post by ajw »

sorry to hear you're having problems Dave. I think you've tried virtually everything I can suggest. You've probably tried this but have you tried binding on a different model memory on the transmitter? Don't know how this would help but have read it's worked for some people.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Thats an interesting idea.
Each model on the transmitter has a different value stored so each model can be bound to a particular model location.
It is possible that one location could have a corrupted value but that it may be ok if you select a different model number.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Ok, remember who you're talking to guys, I have just got this transmitter and have no idea what any of that means. Lol. How do I change the model?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

lol.
Try this...
turn it on.
press in the turny knob thing to the right of the screen,this will give you the "ADJUST LIST" menu.
roll the turny knob thing 1 click to the right,so that "MODEL SELECT" is highlighted.
press in the turny knob thing.
It should display...

MODEL1

you can then roll the turny knob thing to the right,and the display will change from MODEL1 to MODEL2,MODEL3,etc etc.
when you are at MODEL2,press in the turny knob thing.
you should get "DOWNLOAD" displayed for a second or two followed by 3 beeps.
then you can roll the turny knob thing to the left one click to highlight "MAIN".
press in the turny knob thing and you will be back at the main screen,but now showing "MODEL2" (hopefully!).
start binding process from here!
and most importantly...have fun! :)