DX6i issues

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

earthwormjim

Re: DX6i issues

Post by earthwormjim »

...and if you are feeling adventurous...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ewa79_9 ... re=related

to get full output. :)

EDIT: (see previous post for easy mixing.ta!)
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Thanks Jim! I'll give that all a watch when I've got a bit of time. Robot 1 is now bound to Mode 1, after copying Mode 2 across, so all good now at this end. Cheers fellas!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Remote-Controlled Dave

Jim, those videos helped a treat, and were dead easy to use, thank you.

HOWEVER, new issues.
In trying to bind my third robot, the old problem has returned, though this time much more puzzling. I have 4 more receivers to bind. I have tried 2 of these on Model 3 and Model 4 slots on the transmitter, no binding. I copied across the profile from Model 2 (successfully bound to Robot 2) and neither will bind. I have also tried copying across Model 1 (successfully bound to Robot 1, same receiver as in 3 and 4) and no binding.
Is it worth trying profiles 5-10 just to try and find one that works?
Is it the receivers? (Both Orange ones. Already bound one Orange successfully in Model 1, but neither 3 or 4 will bind to any version of the profiles)
Is it worth trying the Orange receiver in Robot 4, just to rule out whether it is the receivers or not?
Does anyone have any clue to solving this irritating problem? I'm pretty sure its not the transmitter now, as it has bound to 2 robots successfully..
Erm...help!
Dave.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Bonjourno Dave.
C'est moi! :)

I would take the rx that has bound succesfully to the "model 1" slot,and try and bind it to the "model 4" slot,see how that goes.
If it wont bind to slot 4,then re bind it to slot 1 again,to 100% prove that the rx hasnt broken in between binding attempts.
If it wont bind to slot 4 in the model memory,but will to slot 1,even with the same config,then the rx has been 100% proven to be functioning perfectly,so it can definately not be the rx.
At least then,we can rule that out of the equation completely,and look to other possible causes.
Cheers Jim.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Ok, well the receiver from Robot 1 won't bind to slot 4. I also tried rebinding it to slot 1, but it wouldn't rebind there either. However, it is still connected to slot 1 as I can still drive the robot with it. I have also tried binding receiver 4 to slot 1, where again it doesn't connect but remains connected to robot 1. I really can't see a difference between the conditions when I successfully bound robots 1 + 2 to now.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Well,thats a bummer,isn't it! :(
I was hoping that we could at least rule the rx's out,but you cant get even one to reliably bind to one "slot".My money is on the Tx having "issues".
I presume that the rx's reliably bind to the dx5??
does your dx6 have a "dsmX" logo on it?? If so,you can turn off the auto mode,so that it just uses dsm-2,and turns off dsm-X. It is in setup menu/modulation type. Just a thought.
If that isn't it,then I am at a loss,sorry Dave.
If you could find someone locally to compare notes with,that might help???
Cheers Jim.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

The only other thing I can think of is the receiver voltage.
I can't see any where that you state it other than connecting it to a battery so are you running it from 5v or the full battery voltage.
I have looked on the hobbyking site and they don't seem to mention the maximum voltage but I would try it at 5v if that isn't what you have already done.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Just tried switching it to DSM2 only, that didn't work either.
All the receivers bound find to the DX5e, but that transmitter is now broken (hence the need for a new one) so I have no other transmitter to test things on. In fact, with the DX6i being faulty, I have no transmitters at all. Not good when I'm trying to prepare for an AWS. And I don't know anyone around here I could compare with.
Ah well, guess I need to get it sent back.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I could lend you one of the small heli transmitters which are DSM2 compatible like this.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blade-MLP4DSM ... 4ab677aeb6
It doesn't have mixing or model memory but it does bind with the DSM2 receivers and would give you something to check the receivers with and set up your robots while you replace your transmitter if it becomes necessary. I could post it to you and you can return it at the AWS
Remote-Controlled Dave

Thanks Peter.
I've sent the transmitter back and they said they'll repair or replace it, so it should be fine. If I get it back and it still has issues, I'll take you up on your offer :)
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39