How many Fleaweight World Series events have happened?

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

joey_picus

How many Fleaweight World Series events have happened?

Post by joey_picus »

As the title says - I am currently (at long last) constructing a Team Picus website and it has struck me that there doesn't seem to be a set numbering system for fleaweight competitions, them generally being held during the break of an AWS. As they're a weight class in their own right, in my opinion they should at the very least have numbers to the competitions and a list of champions hosted somewhere (which I don't just say because I'm inexplicably one of them!).

My best guesses are that we're on eight to ten FWSes so far, but I was wondering if someone with more knowledge than me could give a more definitive answer? (I came to eight by assuming there had been two prior to AWS 30 - which I believe Craig won one and Dave Lawrie the other although there's probably more - and then the AWS 30, 32, 33, 34, 35, and 36 competitions, although that's just counting ones held at AWSes...this could get complex, heh :))
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
razerdave

Re: How many Fleaweight World Series events have happened?

Post by razerdave »

I seem to recall dave Lawrie saying at AWS 34 that because we now have so many flea weights it should from then on be a FWS because we'd never really called it that before. So by that logic, FWS 1 was divinity, FWS 2 was tesla and FWS 3 was catatonia.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Re: How many Fleaweight World Series events have happened?

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I'd go with that. Before that, there's only really been on/off competitions. AWS18 had a pretty good fleaweight turnout, but I don't think we did a seperate competition for them. Other AWS's have held FWS's, but they have tended to be a single battle or 3 battles, there never really being more than about 4 enteries. I'd be happy to count AWS34 as the first officially numbered competition, as it was the first to have a decent turn-out, or that it was taken more seriously as a competition. Though I don't really care about numbers personally, it would be nice to some sort of "champions chart" of first, second and third somewhere, like the antweight one on Oliver's site.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39