NiMh Charging

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

razerdave

Re: NiMh Charging

Post by razerdave »

Gary and Jonathan:

I wouldn't recommend splitting the packs after they've been one, if the pack voltage varies more than 0.1v it can cause the packs to try and balance themselves out and the too-ing and Fro-ing of current has been known to cause burning packs (Scorpion at Aylsebury is a good example).

If you can get a good PSU for cheap then do, I pretty much always charge my batteries at their C rating or close because my FW takes a lot of power out of them and I have to charge them for the next fight. 4 hours is a long time between FW fights, especially when its a 2 hour show with 2 FW fights at least :P.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Good point Dave, I didn't know the application - hence the question.

Looks like a beefier PSU is the only solution :(
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

So I can charge them with a lower current but It will take forever. Hmmm, I'll have to think about this one.

EDIT: 3.7 Ah at a maximum of 25 A would give around 9 minutes of battle. Sounds OK, that'll last three fights at least.
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.