Gyro

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

josh

Gyro

Post by josh »

because in the robot I am designing atm I'm going back to horrible wide rear wheel drive which is notorious for never driving in a straight line I'm looking at gyroscopes and accellerometers. Has anybody had any experience with these? I know pololu produce some that give a digital output would I also need a micro processor to convert that into pwm and adjust the signal to my controllers? Would that be the best way to go about it or is there a smaller commercial rc package I can buy? bearing in mind weight and size is key although I will take every last piece off if it isn't necessary.
I was hoping to have 3 axis so that when it is rolled onto it's back it can reverse it's way back up although thinking about it that may need some programming.
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
Andrew_Hibberd

Re: Gyro

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

I have bought a couple of 1gram gyros to try with the baby-o with small rx. The issues are you need to find a gyro with the correct sensitivity. The ones I bought were 1500 deg/s. Gyroscopes won't be able to tell if you robot is upside down, because they only look at rate of change. An accelerometer or reed switch could do that.

I will do some testing when I get back from holiday
TEAM GEEK!