Troubles with the giant cod 4 channel 2.4 ghz radio.

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

entirely unrelated, but i had a looka round your site pete and i saw the section on the radio controlled gliders you built, they are beatiful by the way, one question though, where they slope gliders or thermal gliders ?
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

They were what was known a PSS or power slope soarers. They were gliders but scale models of powered planes I used to fly off Ivinghoe Beacon.
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

Cool! Ive just got into slope soaring:). Is the spitfire a kit or just plans as ive only ever seen 1 other flying and there lovely! Never been to ivinghoe, i tend to fly at mill hill or cissbury ring.

Are you ever returning to slope soaring? You may like combat foam models :wink:, combat robotics, in the sky!
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

muchalucha wrote: You may like combat foam models :wink:, combat robotics, in the sky!
combat wings ftw :) got 2, i fly them up on st boniface downs (a big hill behind my house on the isle of wight...) which is famous for a plane crash that happend in 1962...great place to fly and theres a anual rc plane fest up there which is awsome :)

(btw did we ever design that flying pretzal :P)

jack
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

off topic : st boniface plane crash: http://www.farvis.com/ventnor2.htm

on topic: iv used the giantcod tranmitters befor in a school project, we had that problem as well, we found out in the end that it was a dodgy RX...try and borrow somebody else's rx and see if it works with that?

jack
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

I bought 4 and 2 work 2 dont have swapped them round and same problem so will speak to Giant Cod
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

If i get the broken radio back, could i borrow someones giant cod rx at an event jsut to test whether it will bind to a known workign rx. These thigngs seem to have a more than 50% failure rate !?!!??! Howeveer nobody seems to have had problems with the old type t4u radios. Looks like tis back to good ol 40 mhz for a while. btw can i use 35 mhz at an antweight event ?
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

You can as long as your ant flies :P 35mhz is restricted by law to flying models.
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

ah ok :P. http://www.giantcod.co.uk/corona-24ghz- ... 04735.html Ive been looking at these diy kits as another very cheap alternative for going 2.4 ghz, seems like you can jsut take the ppm output from your 40 meg tx to! And under 20 quid!
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I have received the new Tx Rx pair and tested them out and they bind and work correctly. The Tx is a T4EU and it behaves as far as I can tell the same as my T4U. I have now run tests with three receivers two standard receivers running a Park HPX F servo from a 5v power supply and one in one of my modules driving a pair of motors. In each case I switch on with the bound transmitter and checked it was working then switched off the Tx, switched on the other Tx pushed the bind button and checked it bound correctly. This was repeated until each receiver had alternately bound to each Tx 5 times. Once on each of the two unmodified receivers it took a second press to get a bind one with the T4U and the other with the T4EU. Otherwise all binds worked correctly and I didn't even power down the receiver in between. In fact the first receiver was tested with my Spektrum DX6i running next to it as I had left it on by mistake. This may not help much if you have one that wont bind but at least it looks as though once you have a good working setup they are fairly consistant not that you normally need to rebind them unless operating the same receiver with different transmitters.
I must be lucky all 5 of mine seem to bind OK.