electronics conundrums

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Occashokka

electronics conundrums

Post by Occashokka »

Hi i know I've being doing this for like 2yrs and I should know my stuff by now oops but I am still not aware of if there is any way to use a roryboard to control 2 servos independently or a spinner motor and a servo independent to each other or whether it would require a different type of receiver, if you can what is the limit i.e could you run 2 servos AND a spinner motor not that I would be considering a really dumb robot idea or anything :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)
-cool modulated printed thingy
-not yet built nasty mean spinnt thingy

I'm gonna build something huge and stupid, try and stop me :P
Shakey

Re: electronics conundrums

Post by Shakey »

You could do it easily by removing the servo pins (to make room, just cut them off) and soldering directly to the lemon rx as the channels are exposed on it.

It's a 6 channel receiver but one of those isn't that useful (aux), leaving you with Rudder, Throttle and Gear (Gear being ON/OFF). So you can use up to 3 things. Though I wouldn't start demanding 2 servos off the Nanotwos BEC, I'd find stuff that takes full battery voltage instead.

This guy had a Nanotwo inside and just soldered the channels needed right to the LemonRX:
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
GeorgeR

Post by GeorgeR »

Shakey, when you say the auxiliary and gear channels aren't that useful, is that due to a lack of analogue inputs from the transmitter, or is there some limit on the receiver end? I was under the impression that the lemons could output the full range of pwm signals on all channels.

Assuming the receiver can pass the full range of signals, then depending on your transmitter you might be able to get the full 6 channels (2 for drive, 4 for weapons!). The Devo 7e that is commonly used is really versatile with regards to channel output configurations and programming.
Team Zero - AWS 58 Champion!
Zero - rambot - - Axiom - axebot - - Valkyrie - drum spinner
Blueprint - rambot - - Vampire - horizontal spinner - - Particle - ???
RBMK - quad spinner gyro walker - - Duality - dual spinner gyro walker
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

No gear is super useful, the above saw bot uses gear. Aux does give a full range but it has no native control tied into it (Which is what makes it normally not so useful), normally it's left as some kind of replica of throttle. Fancier TX's like a Devo can utilise this channel more with their programming. But if your goal is just 2 extra channels Aux is normally the last choice!
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
GeorgeR

Post by GeorgeR »

Having looked through the lemon documentation, it seems that even gear can be used as a full analog channel, but you need a transmitter capable of outputting the full range of signal on that channel.

In response to the original question, you can possibly have up to 4 independent channels (servos, spinners, whatever) in addition to the drive, but it is dependent on your transmitter.
The receiver channel outputs that you would need to solder to are on the bind pin side of the nanotwo, the signal pads being the row closest to the heatshrink.

I'll happily try and offer more specific advice if you let us know what you had in mind.
Team Zero - AWS 58 Champion!
Zero - rambot - - Axiom - axebot - - Valkyrie - drum spinner
Blueprint - rambot - - Vampire - horizontal spinner - - Particle - ???
RBMK - quad spinner gyro walker - - Duality - dual spinner gyro walker