Servo boards as speed controllers

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

tom of technology

Servo boards as speed controllers

Post by tom of technology »

[ Mod Edit: Topic split from German antwight speed controller ]
sorry to go of the subject a little bit but i found you can make some little speed conrollers from 2 servo boards the great thing isthe take the power for the motrs from the rx
only run small motors of these and where the pot goes put 2 2.2k resistors accross it and you have your self a perfect 150 gram ant speed controller
olivers

Post by olivers »

The servo controller board from a Futaba S148 servo works perfectly with the geared Sanyo type motors everyone seems to be using now. You can get 4 of them on ebay for just over ?10.

This is what I was using at Brighton modelworld, in 2 days of almost constant use I never had any issues. I am tempted to say they were better than the Sozbots controller I had in the other ant. They are heavy but make perfect cheap speed controllers. Another joy with the S148 is they have 2 IC's. You can unsolder one of the pins and run the motors at 12V rather than the standard 5/6V. Fast enough for me at 6V though.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I've just fitted a fast components motor to an old SD200 servo board and so far it works fine. The motors are nearly the same size.

Simon