Need help with wiring

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

patdied

Post by patdied »

Simon Windisch wrote:In fact, just going back up this topic I see you've got a motor control board, which almost certainly has a battery elimination circuit (BEC) in it, so just wire your battery to the board, and plug the "servo" leads from the board into the receiver and it'll get the right voltage.

Simon
Does that mean I can connect the 11.1v battery to the speed controller and it will still work?

Thanks, you've made me more confident wiring them up :P (after the blow up, I was scared to wire another part to the battery :-? ).
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

RTFM! (read the fine manual)

Track down, download and most importantly READ the manuals or instruction leaflets for all the parts you have (if they weren't supplied).

From this information you should find:
The voltage of you battery pack (11.1V)
The maximum voltage for your receiver (6V)
The connections to your receiver
That the speed controller provides a BEC (battery eliminator circuit)
That the BEC can be used to power the receiver
How to wire up the speed controller to the battery, motors and receiver
...and lots lots more!

BTW having let the smoke out of your receiver, you may well find that it is now terminally dead. Only if your very very lucky will no lasting damage have been done. An expensive lesson...
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Code: Select all

Does that mean I can connect the 11.1v battery to the speed controller and it will still work? 
Yes!

I agree with Gary, but if you're not sure about anything, then ask here and we'll try tp help.

Simon
patdied

Post by patdied »

Thank you so much! I Try and ask people in my area and no one knows anything about robots :( . So I found this site and it's great, Lots of help, I learn a lot from you guys. I try not to be to annoying asking for too much help :) .
patdied

Post by patdied »

If I were to make a flipper, the wheels were moved by motors and the flipper was moved by a servo, do I attach the servo to the reciever or to the third connector on the speed controller that's for a weapon?
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

The servo goes directly to the receiver.
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
patdied

Post by patdied »

Oh thank you, that means the third connector on the speed controller is for motorized weapons. :)