Its been a while!

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

engr

Its been a while!

Post by engr »

It really has been... I doubt anyone still remembers me i used to build ants along time ago. I almost forgot about them until i found all my stuff in a box in the back of my wardrobe. Ive had a little look around the forums and pictures from the latest aws and i can see ants have come along way!

I suppose i want to know how things are going.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Hello Chris, I'm David, one of the latest additions to Antweights, and as for how things are going, they are coming on very well, technology has advanced beyond measure for a lot of competitors, and destrution has reached new heights (Have you copped a look at Kajuscha ?) What ants did you used to compete with ? Mine are F.I.N (Four Inch Nails) and Baby Hell.

Welcome back BTW :)
Team_fluffy

Post by Team_fluffy »

I'm gonna drop in out of nowhere, say "Hi Chris, I remember you!" and leave again... :D
petec

Post by petec »

Dude...you gotta stop tantalising us like this.....
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
Team_fluffy

Post by Team_fluffy »

Doing what? :)

Oh... I hear from a relable source that a few of you guys met up with a friend of mine at an event last weekend... (If you were there, she was the one with the nosebleed!)

She asked me to get back on the board and let you folks know what I'm up to now... so here's the skinny...

Still in Lincoln (four tears now, nearly! Wow!) in the same run-down moneypit of a house, with Mrs K and baby K (who is now 20 months old and taking up a LOT of our time, as you can imagine...)

Robots are sadly mothballed until I can find some time to dedicate to them... and the money of course... Need to buy a new 6 channel Tx, Lipo batteries and charger and one or two other expensive items before I can get back to it... and as they say, the cash is not there... :(

On a side-note, I DO find time to play on occasion, but am now more tied up growing the odd (dozen) chilli plant(s) and swapping recipes and sauces with other fire-eaters around the world... what else what else...

Have changed jobs after being threatened with redundancy again... I've written two novels in the last eighteen months and am looking for a publisher... Juggling a lot of time between taking care of Baby K and fighting with an online 3D modelling project that may, if all goes well, start bringing in a few quid sooner or later... (any extra would be nice!)

Just the usual really!

How's everyone else doing?!
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Hi Ben most of the usual suspects are still about from your days. I have just clocked up the big sixty and one year of retirement which is absolutely great. I still don't have enough time to practice driving the robots between events just don't know how I found time to go to work before. Hope to see you again at an event together with you good lady and the baby. I am about to become a grandad for the first time. Nice to hear from you again.
Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

Hey ben, long time no see.
I dont know if you care or not but iv been good.
Half way through uni doing Computer Animation up north in bradford. Robot side of things have gone down since the Animatronics course was cancelled one month before I was suposed to start and I didnt fancy working for another year. I have competed now and then but not as much as I should.
I enjoy living away from home and I have been keeping my self busy by being in tune with the computer age and being captan of the University Hockey team.
Take care and try and make an aperance mate.
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->
petec

Post by petec »

Your baby is almost the same age as my youngest - she's two in March.

Working for the government these days (I could tell you but, its local gov so I'd bore you to death!) doing software strategies, integration and other nonsense.

Still driving Pants....and still not winning the championship! Ho-hum!
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Yes Ben we bumped into your freind with the nose bleed, she told us what ya been up to with the chilli/curry recipies and the online games and such, but I have not yet had the fortune to meet you but I would like to do so in the near future, so be sure to pop by and say hello at least at an event
Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

petec wrote: Working for the government these days (I could tell you but, its local gov so I'd bore you to death!) doing software strategies, integration and other nonsense.
You could of been so much cooler and said that you could tell us but then you would of had to kill us.
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->