Speed Boards

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

josh

Speed Boards

Post by josh »

im lookin at speedboards for my bots and i think im gunna get two scorpion mini single boards r they any gd should i buy 1 of the others instead?
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

All the boards are good, the scorpains are being run in the latest void. I have used the sozbots board and barello ant 150. It is really down to cost and size, but i will say if i was going to get some it would be the scorpains now.
TEAM GEEK!
josh

Post by josh »

for size they look very gd as well but there are 4 terminals do i connect battery to 2 and motor to the other 2 if so can i link my battery to do both boards on 1 batt pak?
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

The Scorpion Minis are excellent, and really are the best for weight and size, unless you want a board with a weapon controller on. Being 2 smaller boards, there also easier to fit into a robot than one large one. As for your last question, the 4 connections are 2 for the motor, and 2 for the battery. and yes, for 2 boards you would simply conect your battery to both boards (in parralel).
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
american roboteer

Post by american roboteer »

I was considering the scorpian minis to rebuild ballistic and was wondering.

How would you mount them their dosent appear to be a screw hole(at least not in the pics ive seen)?

How would you go about installing a switch to turn of the robot(is it as simple as pluging one into the battery side of the switch harness)?

thanks help would be much appreaciated
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

The only 'hole' as such to mount the boards by is the 3.5-ish mm hole in the big block thing (yay for technical terms) on top - I've got a peice of 4mm polycarb milled to slot in there with a tapped hole to take a plastic screw though the component. Failing that, just use elastic bands/cable ties :P

As for the switch, the controllers act as a BEC for the reciever. So you would have your positive from your battery going to a switch, just like normal, then out of the switch, split into 2 leads and into both control boards, connect all negatives together, and the reciever would be powered by the lead from one of the boards, (you remove the +/- leads from the other board and just run the signal wire to the RX)
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk