OMG!!

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Knappster

OMG!!

Post by Knappster »

I can't believe it, you guys are still around, that is excellent. Sorry, a long time ago I was building antweights and never got to compete with them.
Probably no one remembers but my "best" or should I say most complete ant was called ColdVirus.

Its so great to see you guys are still battling it out. I'm at university atm, I might have to nip back home and grap all the old antweight chassis' i've got lying around and actually put them to good use.

I'm so glad to see this hasn't died along with the rest of Robot Wars. Anyway, hello everyone and I hope I might see some combat with you good people in the future.

Peace,

Knappster.
Adam Hargreaves

Post by Adam Hargreaves »

lol, yeah, we're here and here to stay (if I have anything to do with it, lol)
Team 'In Theory'
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Hi Knappster and welcome back. I'm Flippt, aka Joacim, also the The Swedish guy :)

I was a bit stunned when I saw the name of your ant, and quickly searched for an old link.
http://www.geocities.com/f1coolt/uantsad.html lower down on the page
I knew I've seen that name ones!
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
Knappster

Post by Knappster »

Yep thats the one, *also in shock that that page still exists*.

I have about 3 chassis' sitting at home, ones a spinner made from hard balsa frame and PCB panelling, the other is a flipper made from the same stuff and my other one which I think is broken has a metal frame with PVC armour plates and uses its drive power as a weapon, a bit like the heavyweight Tornado.

The original in that pic was made entirely from cardboard. The spinner used Carpet cutting scalpel blades, they are curved and so are better at piercing through armour, unlike normal flat blades.

I also read through the new rules, and they seem a bit vague compared with previous versions. It doesn't state that the robot has to be remote controlled nor does it state that the robot has to be powered by a source on the robot itself (cables anyone?).
And are weapons that are not spinners, can they be controlled via AI? Just that I don't have more than 2 channels on my radio gear and I could only have a weapons system if I made it controlled by sensors and stuff.

btw being a student is bad money wise so I can't spend lots of money on new radio gear. This is gonna be a right bodge job.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

btw being a student is bad money wise so I can't spend lots of money on new radio gear. This is gonna be a right bodge job.
Someone in my situation! nice one. I recognised cold virus from that site 2, always wondered who built it, as it looked to be one of the first spinners (?).

As for the questions, dont think theres any rules against cables, but I wouldnt put them in with the spinners! Also sensors are perfectly fine.

I may as well say too, if anyone ever needs to borrow a transmitter for an event, I've got 3 Sky Ranger III's, so could happily lend one so's long as I'm at the event, and the bot has its own reciever/crystals.

Will we be seeing you back fighting soon then?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Knappster

Post by Knappster »

Sweet, I'm be heading home this weekend for my birthday and I'll pick up my radio gear plus whatever I can get materials wise. Coldvirus may get to fight after all.