Receiver/Transmitter Question

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Rhys

Post by Rhys »

I suppose its useful if it breaks. I'm with Dave on the "If it plugs in and works" thing though.
Craig_Anto3

Re: Receiver/Transmitter Question

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

Michael Chandler wrote:Hi guys,

I am a new builder but have been registered to your site for several years!

My question is:
Can I use a two channel transmitter to operate a four chancel receiver?

I own a two channel transmitter, details of which can be found here:
http://www.rccarsandtrucks.co.uk/503_1_13386.html

The transmitter comes with a receiver that's too big to fit into my design unless I remove the case, so I'd like to use a smaller receiver, namely the Futaba R114F.

As I'm sure you are aware the R114F has four output channels. My design only requires two (no moving weaponry) so the transmitter suits my needs.

Back to the question, would the R114F be compatible provided the crystals match and the servos are plugged into the correct output channels, or am I walking into some kind of fiendish trap for the unwary?

Thanking you in advance :wink:

sorry to say this but i think the answer is no, the reason being the Futaba attack2 is am the R114F is FM i dont think thats compatible dispite being both 40MHz I hope i'm wrong thou
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Unfortunately you're right Craig :( A quick search reveals that the T2ER is AM, and it certainly won't work with an FM receiver.

Worse still, I don't know of any small receivers that are AM.

It is possible to build an ant with a standard size receiver, just it's a bit more of a challenge!
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

I was suprised that a 40.705 AM crystal worked in my FM reciever. I'm not too sure if that's the same principal though. And the dual conversion xtal didn't work at all. Again, it all goes back to what I said earlier. Shame SMC couldn't send the right one in the first place :roll:
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I have an ant with an AM reciever in it. Always have done. Working of the Attack system. I forgot it was AM.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
josh

Post by josh »

shovit had a full size 1 in which was am 27 mhz (i kno it dont help me sayin that but ive said it anyway:P)
Michael Chandler

Post by Michael Chandler »

:(

Never mind. The consolation is that, by finding out now, I haven't wasted any money.

A good observation by Craig!