Promoting ants

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Unfortunately we're all busy people with lives outside of robots
I wouldnt call mine a "life" Simon, more an existence til summit happens.

Well, how did you go about setting up your robot club? or was that something that just naturally occured?

I dont know if there's any scope for one at a uni (especially with my tame technical knowledge), but I could put up some posters, see if anyones interested or something.

As for model show events, you're right, that does take a bit of work from people, but is there anyway we could set up a "promotional website" with links to the forum and Olivers site, which we could then see if we can get a link for on some model show/shop, or hobby websites?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
josh

Post by josh »

sounds like a great idea but that would cost so we would all ave to put a bit of cash in but it wouldnt be more than about 3 quid i dont fink
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I just announced a robot club and people came.

As for the school robot club, we were oversubscribed, and the PTA donated money, and the kids paid a pound a session.

I went to a railway show the other day, thinking that I might get something robot-orientated going with them http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~aafinney/RSME/ "The Reading Society of Model Engineers" - but changed my mind after talking about mag lights with one of them and he said "are they new?"

Still, I'm sure we
Adam Hargreaves

Post by Adam Hargreaves »

I've got the go-ahead to do a school assembly. Gonna do a live fight... Anybody anything to contribute. And if anybody's got a spare 2channel Tx/Rx with crystals that they wouldn't mind lending to me for a while, it would be much appreciated (I'd pay for postage both ways)
Team 'In Theory'
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Our school has a big screen and a projector.

If you could book that and hook it up to a camera, you could show the fight to everyone, instead of people crowding around.

Just a thought. Good luck.
Adam Hargreaves

yeah, that's what I was planning to do. seeing as one of my robots is a spinner, I don't have much other choice-gonna use the 'blast shield' from the Chemistry dept to shield audience.

And I repeat my request to borrow a Tx/Rx for a few weeks (And as I say, I'll pay postage, and even charge the batteries for ya)
Team 'In Theory'
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

You're gonna do a live fight in an assembly at Hymers? Sounds like a dead scary prospect to me!
I could time it to catch a train down and join in/give you a hand if you need help or out. Got a spare TX, but no spare RX (too many robots!).
Depends when, where, who, why, what ect. lol. Dont want them dying before AWS18
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Adam Hargreaves

I reckon I've sourced a Tx/Rx. I'll let you know when a date's been given to me... Gonna fight my spinner against Franz. Got two drivers, so I'm free to commentate. :D
Team 'In Theory'