Armour

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Adam Hargreaves wrote:gaffa tape is like a force: it has a light side and a dark side, and it binds the universe together.
LOL! :D :D

1mm polycarb won't always stand up to spinners. Both RONNY and RampAnt have suffered some serious damage at the hands (blades) of Chimera and MilitAnt. As somone else said, it depends on the angle, but the spinners are getting more powerful and a direct hit will often go straight through. Best to rely on keeping out of the way. :wink:
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

The best thing to do with armour is to have a space between it and the gubbins. Kwijebo has gone through 1mm polycarb in tests a few times and against flippt after aws17 i cut through 1mm polycarb and the hole was 6mm wide and 8mm long however the 1mm polycarb underneath was just scratched so even card if there is enough of a gap behind should work.
TEAM GEEK!
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

I have a theory:
The more flexible amour, the better. More flexible amour at a spinner hit, the less your bot fly. I usally used 0,75mm, but now 0,5mm.
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

This theory's worked for me. Joacim gave me that as a tip when I started, and it seems to be sound. For example: Fighting a spinner with Meat at AWS17 (fair flex in the armour) meant very minimal damage, whereas fighting a spinner with Sathanas at RRC7 (non-flexible armour) meant a KO.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39