Team 1202 build Diary

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Kyro

Re: Team 1202 build Diary

Post by Kyro »

glue some elastic bands on either side of the stick to help centering... probably the quickest and dirtiest way to do it.... otherwise its sourcing and replacing a gimbal if they are replaceable in the blade easiest, or finding a small spring and tension rod and fitting it to your current gimbal...
Team Rocket
Trappist 1(4wd grab 'n' lift)
Ton 618 (4wd expanding bot)
Io(4wd flipper)
AndrewC

Post by AndrewC »

I like my sticks to both self centre, so I bought a spare self centring part form ebay. I don't know which transmitter you use. I use a Flysky FS I6. Link to what I bought below. You may or may not be able to buy the right one to fit your transmitter, but worth a look.

Fitting the parts is very simple. A screwdriver and perhaps some needlenose pliers is all you'll need. Transmitters are built for self centring in every direction so that common parts can be used for both sticks. They just don't fit the parts to one axis. There's really no modding involved, just installing a few extra parts.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flysky-i6S-F ... 2749.l2649
Team Biscuit

Junk In The Trunk (Wedge)
Kaizo (Dual Servo Flipper)
You Only Wedge Twice (Wedge Cluster)
Underbite (Grabber)
Predator (Origami Pusher)
Spaceman

Post by Spaceman »

Took a chance to do a bit more assembly to FT:

As you can see its a bit overweight given the battery and ESC are currently missing. I also realize the current wheels are going to throw the tracks off so they need attention.

On the plus side I can see a lot of ways to make the next iteration better. But I will focus on getting this one working and legal first.

I can get to Ant freeze now so Hopefully this one will appear at AWS61.
Team 1202

Robototron (Flipper)
Crabulon (Walker)