Pink servo??

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

LimaHotel

Re: Pink servo??

Post by LimaHotel »

My wiring at the moment is literally: Battery into dasmikro, dasmikro into Lemon (including power to Lemon), lemon (signal, positive and negative) to Servo. Which I now realise means the servo is probably actually only running at 5v (I believe the DasMikro steps down Voltage to 5v for the rx?)
This is the basic wiring that works fine for low power servos. I... Kinda just plugged and played for a basic test of "is it juicier than the Pink?"
I'm currently pulling Key Grip apart to wire the servo straight to Lipo, so the only wire coming off the Lemon to the Servo will be the signal.
...That is how you're meant to do it, right?
A grabber? I CHALLENGE IT WITH JIGGY!
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

Yes, definitely don't power a servo through the 5v from the Dasmikro's regulator.

I would make up a "Y" cable, with a battery connector on one end, to drive the Dasmikro on one leg and the servo on the other leg. Then you can connect the single wire for the servo pulses to the correct channel on the RX (use a dupont connector for that if you like; it will be low current).

If you borrowed the servo from your brother, perhaps make up a cable with servo connector male, so you don't need to chop off the lead.
Robots: Betsie - RaspberryPi controlled flipper bot with gyro stablisation - too clever for her own good?
Stacie - tidy flipper; 4wd driven by hair bands
LimaHotel

Post by LimaHotel »

HAAAAAHAHAHAHA and I just managed to break about half the soldering trying to unplug the servo from the lemon (yeah, this is still with the end-pin lemons. I do have pinless lemons ready to swap out for, but I was waiting to do the full rebuild for that. I guess the rebuild is now happening tomorrow)
Ooohkay. Well. That's enough damage done for tonight. I'll crack on with it tomorrow.
LimaHotel

Post by LimaHotel »

OR I soak everything in flux and resolder it. I would deem the test a success - it holds a heck of a flip. Video on it's way.
Running on happy power straight from the Lipo it's got a smooth and snappy action, and really does hold quite the flip on my beat up Pushbot.
LimaHotel

Post by LimaHotel »

LimaHotel

Post by LimaHotel »

Update on the KingMax servo I've been playing with: it's specific position control (potentiometer?) is not quite as smooth as that of the pink, but the power behind it is IMPRESSIVE. It's currently in a flipper my brother's making (same kinda design and mechanism as my Jammin Good with Weird and Flippy), and it outflips Flippy by a LOT. Despite being currently in a constant state of partial stall because my brother hasn't worked out adjusting end points yet, it hasn't got any hotter than a little warm, and my brother and I have battled endlessly from full charge to noticeably low (so well over 3 minutes). As we've been battling on the kitchen table, it has also survived multiple falls from table height without any apparent complaint. I'm definitely considering buying one for me, because my GOD is it stronger than the Pink I'm running in Flippy!
Bearings feel perhaps a little grindy, but that might be me splitting Hairs.
Yeah, I still can't vouch for it's survivability or longevity as this servo hasn't had to survive anything more hardcore than falling off the table, but I see no reason why it won't?
I'll be extremely interested as to the impression it gives someone who actually knows something about servos! :lol: