The Hotel Lima, for Ants: A Build Diary

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

voorsk

Re: A Hotel, constructed of Limas, for Ants: A Build Diary

Post by voorsk »

i use flickr, so I'm afraid I'm not much help.

apparently you can generate bbcode from imgur if you're on their desktop site; https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/article ... rum-Users-

edit: just tried it on one of your images. viewed, went to desktop mode, a tab appeared called 'embed codes', and it suggested...

Code: Select all

[url=https://ibb.co/YpWh9xj][img]https://i.ibb.co/BqPBD9s/IMG-20190219-175530.jpg[/img][/url]
Team BLEEP Suspicious Houmous / Sprouting Potato / Fermented Melon / Black Carrot
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

ah well i was wrong then... im sure i have seen someone using imgur though...

but alas, it seems voorsk has the answer...

:D
Team Rocket
Trappist 1(4wd grab 'n' lift)
Ton 618 (4wd expanding bot)
Io(4wd flipper)
LimaHotel

Post by LimaHotel »

Ooh, I'll have a play with that! Thanks guys!
I didn't make it to botfest because I was one of the million marching in London. That was a hell of an event, never have I seen so great a density of human! Now that's over though, I'm about to set off back to home where I plan to absolutely knuckle down and do some building! :D
A grabber? I CHALLENGE IT WITH JIGGY!
LimaHotel

Post by LimaHotel »

Look what's arrived!
Boasting mental stats (9.5kg.cm and 0.08sec at 7.4 volts) this will be interesting to test! Shame it's my brothers :lol:
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

well surely you can test it without causing any harm... im sure your brother would want to know wether it will be suitable...

as do i...
Team Rocket
Io(4wd flipper)
LimaHotel

Post by LimaHotel »

So I actually powered up the NanoTwo I've got - it does it's own mixing. Okay cool. All the trims are way the flip off, and I haven't done the mixing myself so I have no idea how to fix it. Yay.
Note to self - avoid speed controllers with built in mixing like the plague. :p
If anyone could shed some light on how I fix this?
Basically, at neutral, the right motor is in full reverse and doesn't go to forwards until significantly into up on the stick. This also throws left and right balance. And because I haven't done the mixing, I have no idea how to fix it.

The setup guide says to do so with your trims. A) that seems really inelegant as it means if signal is lost the robot will just SPIIIIIIIIN and B) I've maxed out the trims and whilst better it's still stuck in a perpetual state of slight reverse and right turn.
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

this is what i found
Rapidrory wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:37 pm
Mixing switch? The firmware does the mixing atm, and I may do a non-mixing version if there's a demand for that, but there's no way of switching between the two once it's been programmed if that's what you mean..
Team Rocket
Io(4wd flipper)
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

I replied to your email but I will also reply here with the same text to benefit others (Though do note I don't check this forum hugely regularly whereas email gets straight to my phone for replies):

For issue A that is a case of your failsafe settings being incorrect. The robot will set its failsafe to whatever the sticks are when it binds. So if your robot is not trimmed correctly on bind the failsafe will not be correct. Simply fix the trims and rebind.

For issue B this is often from the transmitter when a Devo is concerned: When a Devo is reprogrammed it loses its calibration (Ie it doesn't know exactly what its own stick is telling it to do, kinda like trims but within the TX itself). Trims normally fix this unless the Devo is very out. In which case you want reset all your trims to the middle and to then find the menu/menu option called 'transmitter menu/config/settings' and locate the 'calibrate sticks' option. Follow the instructions on screen. This will typically bring the ESC and TX very close together, then just trim and apply the fix for issue A. If your Devo is still too far off centre you may need to locate the 'trim' menu and change the step amount from 0.1 to 0.2 or 0.3 to give you a bigger trim range. Devos have a curiously small default trim range.
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
LimaHotel

Post by LimaHotel »

I had to rejiggle my own mixing a little for my other bots, but calibrating my Devo worked. There was still some drift, but easily compensated for with the trims. For the record: I wasn't being entirely serious when I said I'd avoid esc's with built in mixing. I won't avoid them, however if there is a no-mixing option on an esc I think I'd probably take it.
Cheers Alex!
LimaHotel

Post by LimaHotel »

Ah poss. I'm out of M2 bolts. More are on order, but this build (Jiggy) had many many little fiddly sections I didn't intend to be big enough for any M3 bolts. Building on Jiggy may be temporarily halted.
Not to worry! The next version of Key Grip only needs 6 M2 bolts, and they've already been put aside / are in the Mk1! So I might / probably will begin work on an updated Key Grip. Smaller, Lighter, with the servo hinging in the same direction as the flip, and most importantly WITH A KEY