Team Phyte Antweight Builds & Event Reports

All things antweight

Moderators: petec, administrator, BeligerAnt

James Williams

Re: Team Phyte Antweight Builds & Event Reports

Post by James Williams » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:28 pm

Don't worry Kyro, I'm no stranger to wiring things the wrong way. :-? I've researched it on some rc forums & it seems I've got it right. Of course if someone reading this knows otherwise they're welcome to tell me (hint hint). :D

James Williams

Re: Team Phyte Antweight Builds & Event Reports

Post by James Williams » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:04 pm

I spent today at Botfest 2, an event I wasn't sure I was even going to attend, since I've still got a couple of things to sort out for Burgess Hill next week, but I am sure glad I did. I decided to give Rented a break this time & instead brought my Shakey flipper appropriately named "What Are We Doing With Our Lives" (leave suggestions down below).

The day started off with "fixing" Please Shut Up's flipper panel by sticking googly eyes over the damage (thanks to Sevalent for that). The event started atrociously, with 4 losses between my three bots, mostly due to stupid driving mistakes. But then something happened & I somehow managed to win almost every single fight since. I haven't seen any official results yet but off the top of my head I'm guessing You Break It, You Bought It & What R We Doing picked up 3/4 wins each & PSU got 6 wins in a row.

PSU qualified for the finals where it racked up more wins against Ant Kev & a much anticipated rematch against For Fox Sake putting me in the grand final against Bodacious. Unlike other events Botfest had a best of 3 format for the grand final. The first fight was a draw, the second fight went to PSU, the third fight went to Bodacious & in the fourth fight, I blew it & drove myself off. To be honest though, if it went to the judges I think Bodacious would have won anyway so congrats to a worthy winner.

Overall I am very happy with Please Shut Up's performance. I always thought PSU was a good bot that was getting let down by silly little things & I'm glad it finally got it's chance to shine.
https://ibb.co/Snc0T7w