Harry Makes Ants

All things antweight

Moderators: petec, administrator, BeligerAnt

Matt

Re: Harry Makes Ants

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:49 pm

I think the rule is that if the power cord/ JST lead is easily accessible then it is allowed. To clarify would a lid of duct tape with the lead underneath be allowed?

Spaceman

Post by Spaceman » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:41 am

haz wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:05 pm
Thanks guys!

I'd been having some problems with stiff retracts. What used to be a snap shut was a slow pained series of events. Everything mechanically seemed free and the silicone bands still had spring. Ended up stripping and re greasing the ram and it seems much better since.

^^ the setup out of the robot for anyone interested!

After a couple of attempts at armouring it was going to be way too flimsy for combat, even for a sacrificial first attempt. I ended up swapping out the 35ml tank for a 20ml one. I'll take the hit on flips for the benefit of actual armour not just pish and hope - also lets me chop the frame by 20mm! An updated one is printing as I type :)

The smaller tanks are ones I had ordered for my second go at pneumatics so it is maybe a good thing to trial them in this bot. I have also found a much nicer servo to actuate the valve, physically smaller and with metal gears. Bonus!

haha Voorsk, then I feel I must apologise to your son for my naff performance! If you're interested files to make your own Hobgoblin can be found here
What is the green bit in the pneumatic set up in this picture? how does the exhaust of gas from the cylinder work?

Thanks
Team 1202

haz

Post by haz » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:27 am

Hi,

The green part is the fill valve. The gas vents through the main valve when it stops being depressed by the servo, then the silicone bands pull the ram down.

Quick test of the hypnodisc disc (disc) I'm quite impressed with the balance of it - plus it sounds jolly cool too :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7rssb0 ... e=youtu.be

haz

Post by haz » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:12 pm

A bad idea got rather out of hand and now my hypnodisc-alike is yellow with tracks and wings. Because of course it is.

Now it drives a lot nicer and its much more stable. The stickiness of the tracks counteracts the torque reaction of the disc. It does look a bit oddball however, but then again so do I.