Team Roland build diary

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Matt

Re: Team Roland build diary

Post by Matt »

Thanks. I made a new spinner last week. Manta ray should stand up to it, but I think it's a new design and it would be close.
TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp »

Matt wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:39 pm Thanks. I made a new spinner last week. Manta ray should stand up to it, but I think it's a new design and it would be close.
I mean if its horizontal i have a chance. If not then.... damn.... maybe they will get drawn together some day.
Daaa
Manta ray (2WD wedge bot)
Nom (Grabber)
Arena Sweeper (Undercutter)
FORCE WALL (Front-hinged Flipper)
Matt

Post by Matt »

Horizontal undercutting saw. 30 teeth. Any chance of a whiteboard soon?
Matt

Post by Matt »

I think my granddad likes verts though.
TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp »

Matt wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:59 pm Horizontal undercutting saw. 30 teeth. Any chance of a whiteboard soon?
I might be able to manage it. Dunno. Depends how well i can get Manta ray working.
Daaa
Manta ray (2WD wedge bot)
Nom (Grabber)
Arena Sweeper (Undercutter)
FORCE WALL (Front-hinged Flipper)
Matt

Post by Matt »

After a first competition, terrorising sheffield uni with a spinner, it is clear that a switch is needed. So much re- soldering has been needed after pulling off wires, and before one fight, shorting a lipo. I burnt myself twice in a few minutes, first on a shorted lipo, trying to remove the disc and the lid- 10 screws in total, with a horrible smell coming from the spinner was not a good experience. I then burnt myself on the soldering iron. Again. wood screws will be attempted to stop this as the m6 screws tapped into HDPE doesn't work. Brass and titanium does make nice sparks though. I eventually came second, with a big effort after every fight as a full day of testing the day before has damaged the thread on the HDPE. 3 robots scumbered to Nemesis, and drove off into the pit, despite the disc forcing it to spin in a circle. HDWB won a gladiator despite the steering being reversed that day.

Nemesis mk2 will have aluminium rods for support and no tapped HDPE. Also hopefully it works consistently. I have planned this design in CAD, so no components need to be stacked. Yay.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Nemesis mk2 will also be on 3s. so should have a even more powerful forced turn and will be even more uncontrollable. It will also be a bar.
T_Y

Post by T_Y »

Congrats on the good performance of your bots. Nemesis was definitely a scary one to fight! It's death hum is terrifying!
Thomas - Approximation Robotics AKA "the one that does the mechanums"

Ants:
PLA-ST Is a Perfectly Legitimate Choice of Material
Percussive Maintenance 4: A New Spinner
Stack Overflow

Beetles:
Déjà Vu/Two
Matt

Post by Matt »

I hope the footage comes out soon.
T_Y