Rules suggestion (from committee post on the same)

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

StuartL

Rules suggestion (from committee post on the same)

Post by StuartL »

I was just reading http://robotwars101.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=60488 and have a suggestion for simpler and clearer wording. Razerdave's suggestion was:
All expanding robots AND CLUSTERBOTS must start the match in the same configuration they fit into the cube.

I'd suggest simplifying this to:
All robots must start the match in the same configuration they fit into the cube.
DieGracefullyRobotics

Re: Rules suggestion (from committee post on the same)

Post by DieGracefullyRobotics »

It doesn't quite work Stuart, either way. If a robot goes in the cube on the diagonal, for example, it would somehow have to start that way in the arena. I guess "A robot has to start every match within the constraints of a virtual 4" cube" or something less ludicrous-sounding, ha.
We'll work out a way to word in the meeting (if it passes vote in the first place, of course!) and then offer that version up to you lot to vote on, pick apart, add suggestions, etc. in due course.
Hope that suits everyone!
Dave
Die Gracefully Robotics - Barely Even a Proper Team.
StuartL

Post by StuartL »

I think the wording works in your case too, there's nothing in the reworded rule to constrain the orientation of the cube. i.e. If you have the cube outside the arena and the competitor demonstrates that the robots fit in that cube in a given orientation then that's the orientation they should be assembled in the arena. In practice this is probably going to mean stacking the robots with the largest on the bottom but that need not be the case.
DieGracefullyRobotics

Post by DieGracefullyRobotics »

That's perfectly true.
Dave
Die Gracefully Robotics - Barely Even a Proper Team.