Hello.... and I need a smart person :-P

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

GDS

Hello.... and I need a smart person :-P

Post by GDS »

Hi everyone!

Been a long term fan of Robot Wars ever since the first series and my GCSE DT teacher told me and my mate we couldn't build a combat robot as our project as it was too dangerous... Well fast forward a good few years and it didn't stop me! :-P

I build my first antweight after seeing a youtube video, its a flipper with a Lexan chassis however as it was a bit of a dated video I watched the drive is via constant rotational servos. So after finding this site I quickly realised my design was out of date!

Here entered a couple of DasMikro 2S6A's some N20 gear motors and a test chassis for my new running gear.

Now for the smart person bit! I've wired my DasMikro 2S6A up as per others on this site but my receiver doesn't want to work with it. I admit my transmitter and reciever are very cheap as I bought my first set of parts as cheaply as I could.

Does anyone have any experience with the FlySky FS-CT6B transmitter and FS-R6B? If I connect the battery directly to the receiver the LED lights up but if I connect it through the DasMikro 2S6A the LED flashes a bit then goes out... Now I could accept I screwed up the connections but I've redone them a few times and on both ESC's I have and the results are the same every time.

Does anyone know if this receiver will ever work with the DasMikro 2S6A? Or am I wasting my trying to trouble shoot this and should I just bite the bullet and get a new transmitter and receiver more in line with what others are using?

Thanks in advance :-)
Ant Ipodean

Re: Hello.... and I need a smart person :-P

Post by Ant Ipodean »

Can you tell us what type of battery and voltage you are using?
If it is more than 6 volts, and you connected it directly to the Rx, there may be irreversible damage, despite the led still lighting up.
GDS

Post by GDS »

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using 300mAh 2S 7.4V Turnigy Nano-Tech Lipo's.

I can understand that it might cause irreparable damage, but I can't understand why the same receiver still works fine in my servo drive train ant...
voorsk

Post by voorsk »

hello! I'm afraid I'm not one of the knowledgeable ones, but...

what does the led do when it's attached to the old ant?

a picture often helps to determine potential issues, btw
Last edited by voorsk on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team BLEEP Suspicious Houmous / Sprouting Potato / Fermented Melon / Black Carrot
GDS

Post by GDS »

Why is it when you post on a forum the problem you're trying to solve magically solves itself... I kid you not its up and running now! :roll:

LED is solid on the old ant, as it is now on my test bed. However the gear ratios on these motors make an incredibly slow bot... New ones needed. Will get some pics uploaded of everything :D
JeffSergeant

Post by JeffSergeant »

GDS wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:56 pm Why is it when you post on a forum the problem you're trying to solve magically solves itself... I kid you not its up and running now! :roll:
You need to invest in a rubber duck as per https://rubberduckdebugging.com/ the process of organising your thoughts to ask the question quite often gives you the answer!