"Flip-it” new build/project

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Paulmchurd

Re: "Flip-it” new build/project

Post by Paulmchurd »

Wow! It’s been a while since my last post...It’s exam season in schools so I’ve been very busy, in combination with my 3D printer breaking again/Chinese modules being duds. All my building has been on hold. :(

I’ve been working on building arduino based robots that can be made cheaply with either a 3D printed shell or polycarbonate shell. Here is what I have so far...

The controller works the same way as a normal Tx\Rx set up. It is powered by a 1s lipo boosted which can be recharge with a micro usb. There is a another micro usb slot to program the arduino on the Tx. This will allow you to change the speed\trim of the robot.

Over the summer I am going to write a guide on how to build and code all of this. Plus sell a few of the ones I have made.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

That's impressive look forward to hearing more about this project and hopefully seeing it in action.
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

well those are slightly crude...
Team Rocket
Trappist 1(4wd grab 'n' lift)
Ton 618 (4wd expanding bot)
Io(4wd flipper)
Paulmchurd

Post by Paulmchurd »

Kyro wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:14 pm well those are slightly crude...
I’m not the first to borrow them. Hehe! I messaged the original designer(Ben from team panic) and he said the more people building the better and he’s happy for anyone to sell the design... however I will be making my own robots to sell (like my flip-it design)l. These were just easy to print and build.
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

yeah ben posts most of his designs on thingiverse for all to use...

i was a little worried the joke would be missed and people would think I was being slightly c rude
Team Rocket
Trappist 1(4wd grab 'n' lift)
Ton 618 (4wd expanding bot)
Io(4wd flipper)
TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp »

Kyro wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:24 pm i was a little worried the joke would be missed and people would think I was being slightly c rude
HAHA!.... comedy.
Daaa
Manta ray (2WD wedge bot)
Nom (Grabber)
Arena Sweeper (Undercutter)
FORCE WALL (Front-hinged Flipper)
Paulmchurd

Post by Paulmchurd »

Finally! Back to robot building… carrying on my theme of borrowing ideas I borrowed the concept of This is a party from Ben of team Panic.

I had to model it from scratch using OnShape, which was fun.

Massively unbalanced weapon. Oh and it’s fully plastic. :lol: I intend to keep it that way, Just for fun.