Build Diary: Hurricane

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

HatredChaos

Build Diary: Hurricane

Post by HatredChaos »

So, I have an insane idea. I'm thinking of a 6-wheel pusher with a front wedge, in homage to Storm 2. I'm not sure how much damage a rambot will do in this weight class, but I'll try it out anyway. Thanks to buying an antweight from Shakey, I understand a lot more about robotics then any video can taught me, it seems there is no replacement for practical experience. I'm considering adding a flipper to it, probably emulating the first incarnation where it sort of went up like Biohazard's arm from Battlebots, but it's just down to weight and spatial constraints since 6 drive motors and the batteries to power them will already take up weight. I intend to get the chassis 3D-Printed.
peterwaller

Re: Build Diary: Hurricane

Post by peterwaller »

A six wheel pusher doesn't have to have 6 motors people have built them with two motors and gearing to the other 4 wheels as per one of shakey's below.
HatredChaos

Re: Build Diary: Hurricane

Post by HatredChaos »

That really is an intriguing system, but I'm worried with just two drive motors it won't be powerful enough to shove anything. I went for six drive motors for maximum efficiency, hopefully to get up enough speed so I can ram other robots into the wall or just overpower them into the pit or OOTA. I don't tink I have the expertise necessary to do a geared system anyway.