Kaaz'min Robot Build Diary

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Kaazmin

Kaaz'min Robot Build Diary

Post by Kaazmin »

so after conversing with Shakey and looking at error.exe's performance from AWS 52, I decided to completely re design the robot. Therefore I purchased a new battery as I needed to borrow one from Shakey in AWS 52 (thanks a lot btw). I have also upgraded the drive motors to 50:1 ratio motors so it's now a lot faster. However, the motor would not run on the new robot and it really did not hold up to the power I needed. Now with a new motor and a completely new design im ready to build the proper robot.
Last edited by Kaazmin on Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaazmin

Re: Kaaz'min Robot Build Diary

Post by Kaazmin »

Here is the final design for the chassis Image
Kaazmin

Post by Kaazmin »

I had an issue with the weapon motor so this new design will allow the larger motor (plus ill need a new disk) here's a little pic of all the parts im using :D. Image
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

Image[/quote]Image
(Make sure you use the direct links from imgur for them to embed.

The design looks pretty good, and with a much beefier spinner motor! :D
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
Kaazmin

Post by Kaazmin »

aah ok thanks, I've never done this before, I've got a couple more pics of the chassis build but ill post them tomorrow when its done, im gonna need to design a new spinner too, thanks for all the help tho shakey ^-^.
GeorgeR

Post by GeorgeR »

Looking good, the new spinner blade and motor look much more dangerous!
Team Zero - AWS 58 Champion!
Zero - rambot - - Axiom - axebot - - Valkyrie - drum spinner
Blueprint - rambot - - Vampire - horizontal spinner - - Particle - ???
RBMK - quad spinner gyro walker - - Duality - dual spinner gyro walker
Kaazmin

Post by Kaazmin »

Thanks a lot, I need a new disk as that one won't fit the new motor here's the new disk design compared to the old one. Image
Kaazmin

Post by Kaazmin »

Got the chassis complete

got a little problem with one of the wheel ESC's.( i use the finger tech tiny ESC v2.) at the moment its just got a continuous red light when powered and is not relaying to the motor its connected to. I've checked and replaced all the wires to the motor, and it's in an identical circuit to another ESC which is working. just wanted to check if anyone had any ideas before I just buy another one thinking it's broken.
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

It's looking good!

I'm not familiar with the tiny ESC's though so no idea what it is doing.
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

A simple one first: Try unplugging and replugging the cable into the receiver also and of course recharging the battery and trying with a fresh one.

And now more complicated fixes if that doesn't work:

Have you tried swapping the motors over? There could be a short on one of the motors causing the motor to continually stall or a different fault.

I can see from the specifications on the website for them (https://www.fingertechrobotics.com/prod ... -tinyESCv2 under the operation tab) that solid red means it's receiving the signal to reverse. Perhaps a stalling or otherwise faulty motor or connection could be causing the logic voltage to dip, meaning the chip does not respond properly and defaults to 'reading' the lowest pulse width or simply does not boot properly at all due to insufficient power. Just an educated guess really but definitely worth swapping motors over to eliminate that variable.

Potentially could also be due to this calibration setup mentioned on the site not being performed correctly. Unsure what they actually mean by that but definitely worth checking out the linked website; probably easier to understand when you have the hardware to hand.

Also, you could definitely remove the case from that receiver. Then, just put some electrical insulation tape around the outside to prevent shorting. Usually saves about 7g of weight which is a lot. It'll help you armour up and also make the internals more compact and easy to work with.

Loving the look of it! Best of luck; keep us all updated. :D