New to Ants, and Robots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Spiky goat

New to Ants, and Robots

Post by Spiky goat »

Thought I'd say a short hello.
My name's Darren and I'm completely new to robots of all shapes and weights. Been a fan for years but after being inspired by watching the robots at Truckfest, have decided to give it a go.

I've recently built a budget featherweight and aim to try another - will post when I do in the right section - but really like the idea of Ants ( plus would need a huge skill increase for anything heavy)

So after a bit of internet searching and a few forums read, I've got an order in with Alex, and have also treated myself to PeteCs antweight kit. Still waiting for both to arrive - don't worry, I'm in no rush - but once they do, I'll hopefully update with a few pics / build ideas / questions etc, and maybe get to actually take part in a real robot battle sometime soon :)
patlinnett

Re: New to Ants, and Robots

Post by patlinnett »

Good to see more people getting into it! I'm new as well, but people here are super helpful. Perhaps we shall meet on the field of battle!
Spiky goat

Post by Spiky goat »

Recently received the kit from Pete, so hoping to make a start this week on my first Ant build. Probably going to go quite close to the instructions, but will see as I go.
Spiky goat

Post by Spiky goat »

Well I built my first ant :D
It moves, does what it should, and even the drill bit axe works. Have been struggling to fit / secure a top / sides to it though - it can be fiddly sticking to the size / weight limits.

But I'm not sure I like it lol
Definitely feel I can work on the design , and possibly the weapon a bit more, so I might take it apart and rebuild it. Hopefully won't be long before its ready for battle.
ShootyMcExplosion

Post by ShootyMcExplosion »

This all sounds great, but I think what everyone wants to see here are pictures! do you have any to post?
Spiky goat

Post by Spiky goat »

:lol: I did plan on adding a photo to that post from my phone, but apparently it was too big.
Occashokka

Post by Occashokka »

Upload photos to imgur then u can just link the photo
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)
-cool modulated printed thingy
-not yet built nasty mean spinnt thingy

I'm gonna build something huge and stupid, try and stop me :P