Unathodox ant challange

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Spaceman

Unathodox ant challange

Post by Spaceman »

Odd title i know.

Been musing today over the idea of a diffrent sort of ant fighting event. I should add that this is probably incimplete thoughts, but feel I want to voice them and see if there be intrest.

My thinking is to make the process of fighting a bit more rougth and ready and less the clinical fights of the smooth arena. The bullet points for such an event would be:

A uneaven arena with terrain features, possibly over multiple levels.

Other challanges beyond straight 1 v 1 fights. Thinking the vibe of seris 1 and 2 assult courses.

This would of course not be sutible for the optimised and honed ants at the moment but in a way thats the point. I value peoples thoughts and oponions.
Team 1202

Robototron (Flipper)
Crabulon (Walker)
BeligerAnt

Re: Unathodox ant challange

Post by BeligerAnt »

One of the original ideas of ants was that anyone could build any arena and challenge all-comers to battle in it.

With the massive increases in weaponry and the consequent need for a "bulletproof" battlebox this idea has rather fallen by the wayside. It's too expensive and/or complicated for many people to build (and transport) a full combat arena.

It's still an interesting idea and, with enough notice to build suitable robots, would hopefully get a good take-up.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Spaceman

Re: Unathodox ant challange

Post by Spaceman »

BeligerAnt wrote:One of the original ideas of ants was that anyone could build any arena and challenge all-comers to battle in it.

With the massive increases in weaponry and the consequent need for a "bulletproof" battlebox this idea has rather fallen by the wayside. It's too expensive and/or complicated for many people to build (and transport) a full combat arena.

It's still an interesting idea and, with enough notice to build suitable robots, would hopefully get a good take-up.
With that in mind would a limitation on weapons be a good bet or better to make a full combat arena for the challange?
Team 1202

Robototron (Flipper)
Crabulon (Walker)