New Robots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Jas

Post by Jas »

Lookin good simon. What weapon you intending on using?

Jas
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Hi Jas,

This one's for my five year old son to drive, so I'm keeping it really simple. It's just going to be a pusher, with (hopefully) wedges at either end, and it'll run both ways up.

Simon
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Do you think it's going to be ready for AWS12 Simon?
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

sounds like Anto to me Simon :smile:
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Absolutely Scott. I doubt it'll win anything, but it'll certainly be trundling about on the day!

As for Anto Craig, That wouldn't be a bad thing considering Anto's track record. I think it'll look more like Tornado, only a lot lot slower.

Simon

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Simon Windisch on 2003-10-20 19:10 ]</font>
Travis7s

Post by Travis7s »

Tiny Tremor:

UK ant or superant (depending on what the team im taking on decides to do)

Has a 1" diameter and 1" length Lexan 'drumette' weapon. Belt driven at a 2:1 reduction with a motor i pulled out of a computer drive. ESC will most likely be a Barello ANT150 with a single alkaline 9 volt powering the whole thing. (I'd invest in some worthy rechargeables batteries, but I'm cheap and this is just a fun bot :wink:) Drive motors are still undecided.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Travis7s on 2003-10-20 23:55 ]</font>
Incapacitator

Post by Incapacitator »

I've completed designing and will shortly start building my new robot, Devil's Advocate. I am under the impression that this name is not currently in use but if it is then I will change it. A rough sketch outlining the look of the robot will soon be up on my site which is currently undergoing a major revamp and therefore some pages are a completely different style to others!
Mark- Team Incapacitate Robots
I'm bored of interesting signatures
www.team-incapacitate.tk
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

after discussion with several committee members and being approved by them so time to put my money where my mouth is

the idea is to build a glow engine powered spinner walker of course full body spinner

called Minator

another new ant pneumatic flipper ToP (tower of power)

new anto coming too

and the evil return of IYTTNISYSHMO
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I have started on a walker well its really a shuffle bot. It should work like the American heavy weight Drillzilla but with just two shuffle plates on either side. I have spent sometime experimenting with machining miniature crank shafts and have now made the four required. I need to work out how to drive them and how to ensure inverted operation. I think I might go for a crusher / gripper weapon by way of a change from the spinners but I may well change my mind. Nice to see your not retiring Craig.
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

If it's as well engineered as your other ants Peter, it'll definatly one to be scared of. I know im a relative newcomer, but I understand that one of the things that has discouraged people from making walkers in the past is there slow speed, but as we saw from Chimera at AWS12, this dosn't have to be the case. I think walkers are interesting to watch and while they not always be the most combat effective I think it's interesting seeing the different ways people make them move. Hopefully ants like Chimera, Pixiedust, and your next one Peter (got any ideas for names yet?) will spawn a newer breed of more combat effective walkers. I know since seeing the speed Chimera could go, I'm definatly interested in making one now.

One a side note, are you going to use a servo to power the grabber/crusher, or will you try something more elaborate (pneumatics, for example)

Also, like Peter says, It's nice to see you're not retiring Craig, and a glow engine powered FBS sounds very scary (if I'm honest, I don't know what a glow engine is :razz: sounds good though)

Website Coming Soon

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EpicentrE on 2003-11-11 16:08 ]</font>