New Robots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Cool. Are you going to the RRC on the 16th? Would be nice to seee it in the flesh.

Flippt, yours is a good anyway, I wish mine was like that. Maybe some fancy armour? CF? And about the reciever thing, mine seems fine on 8.4v (from lithiums that is), it's a hitec feather, and i'm pretty sure they're only meant to take 6v. Infact I've tried 3 different types of recievers on 8.4v and they all worked fine. But thats a risk only you can take.
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Hi Dave, as long as morbo can move it has a chance of winning :wink:
TEAM GEEK!
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Thanks Duff, but you'r probely better i driving then what I am :lol: , and Flippt didnt even get to face a spinner!
I use a Graupner XP10, and I still wonder if it can take, 8.4V. anyone else who had used one of those?
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

as long as morbo can move it has a chance of winning
I've given Morbo a complete rebuild now, and I'm quite happy with it, though its an odd looking thing. Tin and plastic armour, quicker speed, bigger wheels...even a pathetic kind of stabbing weapon!

As for events, I'm waiting to find one that I can actually get to, it aint easy to travel too far down south for example. But as soon as one comes up that's achievable, Morbo will be there! Looking forward to it.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Bigshot team capt

Post by Bigshot team capt »

my god. someone from my neck of the woods. Knew I wasn't the only robot builder in Hull. Nearly time to start my A-level project... watch this space
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

my god. someone from my neck of the woods. Knew I wasn't the only robot builder in Hull. Nearly time to start my A-level project... watch this space
Small world. Where you taking A-levels then, cause I'm in the midst of them 2.

Morbo photos available tomorrow.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Bigshot team capt

Post by Bigshot team capt »

Hymers College
TheDudd

Post by TheDudd »

this may sound stupid to everyone else but wouldnt it be amazing and really powerful to make a ant with a micro chainsaw? you could use a chain from a normal chainsaw and then surely spin it with a big powerful servo?
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Interesting idea. However remember the 150g limit. Each tooth in a chainsaw must weigh at least 10g.

And it's worth knowing that servos are generally used for wheels. We tend to use actual motors for waepons, as they spin a lot faster.

Simon
TheDudd

Post by TheDudd »

ok thats good to know, i thought that you used servos for almost everything.