A question about the sabertooth esc

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

waderw

A question about the sabertooth esc

Post by waderw »

Hi, I have a sabertooth 2x5a Image

As shown in this image, the Motors plug into M1A M1B and M2A M2B

What I am not sure about is whether positive or ground wire from the motor goes into M1A or M1B or if it matters which way around they are.

Many thanks,

Waderw
joey_picus

Re: A question about the sabertooth esc

Post by joey_picus »

Either way works; if one motor goes the opposite direction to how you want it to go, swap the wires!
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
waderw

Post by waderw »

joey_picus wrote:Either way works; if one motor goes the opposite direction to how you want it to go, swap the wires!

Great, thanks for your help, I am a bit cautious as I already fried my orange RX reciever by not plugging the cables in correctly ( it wasn't labelled :evil: )
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

waderw wrote: Great, thanks for your help, I am a bit cautious as I already fried my orange RX reciever by not plugging the cables in correctly ( it wasn't labelled :evil: )
Good strategy for avoiding that is to keep note of which pins are connected together on the PCB. The pins for the red and black wires for power will be connected in rows whereas the white for signal will be separated.
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.