Blade tx setup

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Westie1

Blade tx setup

Post by Westie1 »

Evening,
So iv plugged in all my bits and I'm moving :) iv done mixing on the tx and I can spin on the spot. The only issue is I have to go top right to go forward and this throws me completely.
I'm guessing this is a common problem and a common fix? Iv tried googling but I can't be specific enough to get an answer lol.
I want to go forwards with forwards of course.
UserFriendly

Re: Blade tx setup

Post by UserFriendly »

Andy B - Team UserFriendly
Reading Cybernetics Graduate 1996
Trying not to take Antweights too seriously. I think I'm failing.
First AWS was 46.
Westie1

Post by Westie1 »

Thanks iv watched that video about 20 times last night and get the tone but itstill still top right for forwards. What channels do you use rudder for example.
Thanks for the link that video made be buy the blade tx
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

Mixing on the TX is done between Aileron and Elevator which are the two normal channels for robot control.
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I tried this some time ago and had no luck.
I just retried it and it definitely does not mix on mine.
All it did was reduce the amount of movement on the elevator servo which I managed to correct by turning on with forward and left trims held down.
The effect you describe where you go up and right for straight is normal for no mixing.
You either need a separate mixer or some people hold the transmitters at 45 degrees so up is forward but I always found that confusing.
Westie1

Post by Westie1 »

Thanks guys you've saved me more hours of pain and anger.
I've bought 10a escs from eBay and they work but weigh a ton, then add a mixer and it's getting daft.
I'll either buy one of the usual ones everyone uses or that new Chinese one being discussed and be done with it lol.

The 10a can be used for my brushed weapon motor

Thanks again everyone
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

I had the same trouble with the blade and had to buy a separate v tail. It was pretty cheap but made it a little more difficult to fit things in. And I believe I might use the same 10A ESCs with the BEC and the switch. Yes weight is a problem with them, and you'd have to solder them together and pull out and tape up the red pin on one receiver wire but they work ok providing you get the ones without brakes. Still a little awkward to control, as turning diagonally can sometimes just make the robot stop, but they're not bad. Don't think I'll use them again though. I'm sure there's a cheaper and less weighty alternative.
Westie1

Post by Westie1 »

Yeah for the 3 quid or whatever they are they are they are great (I bought brakes with the on off switch) and I'm sure you could save weight with thinner wires and removed switches.
Space and weight is at a massive premium for me though and tbh with a heavy weapon and ti armour I doubt I'll EVER see 150g lol.

I bought the das micro last night so let's see how I get on with that. I would like to make a plane one day so that's why iv gone for modular
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

Yeah I replaced the brakes pair as quickly as I could. They made it practically impossible to control. And I've broken a couple of drill bits on even 1mm titanium so it might be worth sticking some WD 40 on it first. But yeah, I'd probably stick with polycarb armour, save titanium for the panels a spinner will first see if you rush them in the arena.