The "Robot Wars" Effect

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Reala

Re: The "Robot Wars" Effect

Post by Reala »

Occashokka wrote:The next AWS will be October November time, as there are three a year and the last was very late, as to where, who knows until we can find someone to organise with a venue. The whole process of organising and signing up will be in the events section of the forum
I hope to make it if it isn't too far away :D

Quick question: is there a list of AWS matches anywhere? One thing I've found when watching the Youtube videos is that I think 'wow - that robot is cool!' but its name isn't mentioned so I can't look it up online or do any research on it.
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

I love watching the AWS vids online
Team Shinobi
Reala

Post by Reala »

Skillz wrote:I love watching the AWS vids online
Same, I've been watching an hour or so of one every night once my partner falls asleep :)
Yard

Post by Yard »

Another keen newcomer here - as you can see by my join date, I've been lurking on and off for a while, but the revival of Robot Wars has definitely made me want to start posting :D

Cool seeing other people in the same boat, I'll be following all your builds and hopefully will start my own some day.
shangalaing

Post by shangalaing »

Yes, robot wars has brought me back too. Can't wait to get back into it!
GeorgeR

Post by GeorgeR »

Hello everybody, I'm new here too.
I always loved robot wars when I was younger and wanted to build one at the time, but my teenage self lacked the skills. I hadn't thought about it for years, but the new show reminded me and I found my way here.
I'm definitely going to build an antweight or two and get over to an aws when I can.

George.
Team Zero - AWS 58 Champion!
Zero - rambot - - Axiom - axebot - - Valkyrie - drum spinner
Blueprint - rambot - - Vampire - horizontal spinner - - Particle - ???
RBMK - quad spinner gyro walker - - Duality - dual spinner gyro walker
LuckyAnimalJeff

Post by LuckyAnimalJeff »

What are you talking about, I've been here for months! That date joined thing is a typo... honest...
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Ha ha :D Don't worry we were all new once ;)
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
sersplot

Post by sersplot »

I joined up here recently on the advice of some other users.

When the first robot wars series aired I was 10 years old and an avid watcher, now I'm a professional engineer with a four year old of my own so you can guess what we have started doing, that's right, robots.

Great forum and such a great resurgence.
Team Mordschlag - Antweights and Featherweights
Justboy Mark

Post by Justboy Mark »

I'm loving reading the first messages of other new users to the forum, and feel now's the perfect time to introduce myself.

I was a massive RW fan as a child, and always remembered the antweight rumble with the little Behemoth and little Razer.

GGCSE options, to A levels, to University and then career saw me move just about as far away from technology and engineering as you can get, into the humanities, but it's never too late to learn something new!

Good luck to everyone new, and thanks to all the established roboteers who have kindly and selflessly shared their experience, advice and enthusiasm online for all to see.