Drones??

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Occashokka

Drones??

Post by Occashokka »

After seeing that you can pick up 40g drones for around 20 or so pounds it made me consider if they would be welcomed or just annoying in ants, and i know we have a rule banning commercial vehicles but it doesnt say to what extent you have to change it to enter it and it made me wonder what people think of drones and what we want to do about them, I see 4 options 1. tighten up the commercial vehicles rule so you would have to modify it loads or introduce other rules meaning they cant just sit there and do nothing with a shop bought item with a scoop on it - thus discouraging but not banning drones 2.do nothing let them be, if you want a drone have one 3.Let them have priviliges such as the 4th entry slot- thus encouraging them 4. straight up ban flying things because ground vehicles vs flyers would be boring

I know its a bit of a stupid thread but i just wanted to see what peoples inclination towards the use of drones as ants was and whether it would be cool or just damn right annoying to have to fight something which you cant easily catch, and yes if they get too popular, I'm sure we can find a supplier of micro rakes(anyone who doesnt watch battlebots will be very confused by the last bit XD)
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)
-cool modulated printed thingy
-not yet built nasty mean spinnt thingy

I'm gonna build something huge and stupid, try and stop me :P
Fenrir

Re: Drones??

Post by Fenrir »

Sounds good, but I think it would have to be drones as part of a clusterbot only, and somewhat modified I think. I mean, imagine someone just buying three drones for the cost of a single antweight, not much effort put in and just putting them into a clusterbot. and speaking of micro rakes, I actually have one. I once had this tiny golf thing, like the size of your palm with a sand bunker and the fake grass, and it came with a mini rake haha :D
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

Drones would also have a REALLY hard time flying in such a tight enclosed space.
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

I have a suspicion 'annoying and don't do much' might be why Big Robots had rules for a long time banning exposed rotating aerofoils, along with health and safety...I don't see a problem with it, I just don't really see any advantages either.
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"