Cereal Box Antweight- The Krave Monster

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

altapowderdog

Cereal Box Antweight- The Krave Monster

Post by altapowderdog »

Here is my latest ant weight combat robot, the Krave Monster.

https://youtu.be/tQWT6AkADbs

This robot is kind of a combination of a "dust pan" style combat robot with a clamp style. The dust pan forms the bottom of the mouth, and has a movable front wedge that keeps enemy robots from driving out of the mouth. The top of the mouth comes down on the opponent, helping to trap them on top of the dust pan (and scoring extra judge points).

Because my design requires the robot to "eat" other robots, I had to use a light weight material for the body. I ended up using foam board. This will get beaten up by other robots, but all of my electronics are quite far from the edges, so no real damage should be done. Also, the robot isn't invertible, so I am hoping that the foam will be hard for vertical weapons to catch onto, which could flip the bot. We'll see how it holds up come competition.

Also, a side note: Antweight is 1lb is the US, hence why this is heavier than a lot of what's posted here.
botomatic1000

Re: Cereal Box Antweight- The Krave Monster

Post by botomatic1000 »

That's awesome wish I had that kind of creative thinking.
Ethan Wall KINGS HEATH COLLIDERS
Current Robots: Sprat Bait: The worst 150g Wedge ever built...
Elysium 1.4: Antweight Undercutter, built by Team Riptide, Brummie glass cannon edition!
Barracuda: Beetleweight Vert... hates working...
InfernalTank

Re: Cereal Box Antweight- The Krave Monster

Post by InfernalTank »

Nice. I'm looking forward to your event report like the one you did for the 3D printed drum spinner.
American bot builder