first ant build diary!!!

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

peterwaller

Re: first ant build diary!!!

Post by peterwaller »

If you come to the AWS which is fairly local to you and see some robots first hand you will have a much better idea of how they are constructed and what is required.
I am sure you could find someone who would let you have a test drive in between competitions if time allows. :wink:
botomatic1000

Post by botomatic1000 »

I wish I could but I have some medical stuff going on at 11am when does it start?
Ethan Wall KINGS HEATH COLLIDERS
Current Robots: Sprat Bait: The worst 150g Wedge ever built...
Elysium 1.4: Antweight Undercutter, built by Team Riptide, Brummie glass cannon edition!
Barracuda: Beetleweight Vert... hates working...
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Scott hasn't posted any times yet :roll: but usually people arrive around 10 and we aim to get started by 11. The main competition takes several hours to run and if there's any time left at the end we will usually run extra ad hoc competitions in addition to fleaweight and nanoweight competitions.
We are usually finished by about 4.00 or so as people that have a long way to travel are keen to get away.
If you can get there before 3 you will certainly see some fights and have plenty of chance to look at robots and talk to people, but you can turn up at any time.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
botomatic1000

Post by botomatic1000 »

I honestly don't know at the moment my mum has just had an operation my dads wife is pregnant and he already has a child so I really don't think I could go I really wanted to as well.
Elysium 1.4: Antweight Undercutter, built by Team Riptide, Brummie glass cannon edition!
botomatic1000

Post by botomatic1000 »

10 pages and I have not built anything and have no ideas even after looking at loads of ant weights I'm the worst robot builder ever.
botomatic1000

Post by botomatic1000 »

Update: I have ran out of ideas even after having a few days off of thinking about it my cardboard design has not been updated as I know it won't work as a robot and I can't attend aws because I have some medical stuff to do. Anyways I would be too shy to say hello to anyone.
botomatic1000

Post by botomatic1000 »

I'm really getting nervous for some reason about not being able to finish this project off every design I try doesn't work.
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Can you give us a design and an example of why it doesn't work?
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
botomatic1000

Post by botomatic1000 »

For my previous one (I think it may have been posted earlier or at least as s link) the wedge would have been too thick and the wheels too small.
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

How is it too thick? I tend to design around the diameter of the wheels if I'm going invertible, does that help?
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"